Breakfast help!!!

Options
johnandkymberley
johnandkymberley Posts: 62 Member
Hi all,

Ok I've started my food diary - feel free to take a look :) and noticed that my breakfast looks poor!!! Can anyone give me any suggestions on things I could eat? If I have cereal I'll have puffed wheat but I don't really want to have toast or heavy carbs. Can I eat breakfast biscuits or yoghurt or something? Any help would be gratefully appreciated as I seem to need some serious guidance!!! My lunches and dinners are more than enough I feel but feel free to comment on them also :)

Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• ecclesse
    ecclesse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had a greek yogurt and mixed in 8 oz of blackberries with 1/2 cup of almond milk.
  • chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love yoghurt for breakfast. I have 100g of natural yoghurt with strawberries, raspberries and sweetened with 1/2 tsp of honey. The whole thing is 155 calories and 2 portions of fruit. If I'm feeling savoury I go with quiche frittata - 2 eggs, 50 ml of milk, mixed herbs, ham and onion mixed then baked in the oven - it's delicious, low carb, and 280 calories (indulgent for breakfast but it's very filling so I can have a smaller lunch to compensate).
  • Moses101
    Moses101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have oats and milk but for low carb ideas what about scrambled eggs and add spinach/tomatoes/ mushroom etc. Greek yoghurt and mixed berries??
  • nomad1989
    nomad1989 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love the Special K breakfast sandwiches. The egg and bacon one always hold me over until lunch.
  • nikitacolleen
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs with whole grain toast, protein shake / fruit smoothie, oatmeal with mixed fruits, etc.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt is a great choice (especially as you have very little protein in your diary!)

I also make breakfast sandwiches with 2 eggs, 1/8 ounce of cheese, a 100 calorie sandwich thin and 2 eggs.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My go-to is oats and eggs
    Cottage cheese with fruit in it is yummy high-protein too
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, fruit. I like whole grain carbs like whole wheat toast or granola… but if that's not for you, perhaps eggs (any variety… but I love scrambled with cheese or omelets.)
  • daniellefennell
    daniellefennell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup steel cut oats made with 1/2 cup soy milk and 1 cup water, sliced banana, 2 tablespoons protein powder (vanilla)
  • Emmal2387
    Emmal2387 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I recently (as in yesterday) swapped my breakfast from cereal and fruit to greek yogurt, fruit, honey and nuts and I am finding its less than 200 calories and yet keeps me satisfied until lunch time. I also find its helping to up my protein as I really wasn't eating enough protein.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt with fruit, scrambled eggs and veggies, thin sliced meats with veggies and cheese, regular porridge oats or overnight oats (higher in carbs).

Lots of things :)
  • johnandkymberley
    Options
    Thankyou for all your replies :)

Got lots of ideas!!

Hubby is still curious about the breakfast biscuit thing. I've never really thought about them or bought them but just wondered?? Are they good? I don't really 'do' cereal bars either xx
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 large eggs fried with pam and a piece of dry toast for breakfast. I feel like I have had a real breakfast like I like and it's only 210 calories. I am usually good until lunch and not hungry in between. Occasionally I will make a breakfast burrito with eggs cheese and 98% fat free fajita shell. Not real high on cals either. You could try those. Or something similar. My thing is, I have to feel like I ate something real or I will snack in between. You just tweak things here and there and it all works out.
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm watching my calories and have been keeping under 1500 a day. For breakfast I like variety but if I want a bigger lunch I will have egg beaters on a light english muffin with 2 strips of hormel microwave bacon. This is 140 calories and delicious. If I want to splurge a little I will go to McDonalds and have a Sausage McMuffin with Egg whites (no cheese, no butter) and thats 340 calories.

For me its about knowing exactly how many calories I am putting in not so much as what they are. That said sometimes if I feel sluggish I will have 2 cups of multigrain cheerios and 1 cup of skim. 300 Calories.

So if your yogurt fits into your caloric requirements I don't see how it would be bad.

Good luck...

Mark

62262086.png.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Eggs! A complete food - protein and don't wory unless you have severe chlorestoral probs. or Dr.s orders. Eggs contain the nutritional resources that take care of the chlorestoral issues it causes.

http://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-eggs-should-you-eat/
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for all your replies :)

Got lots of ideas!!

Hubby is still curious about the breakfast biscuit thing. I've never really thought about them or bought them but just wondered?? Are they good? I don't really 'do' cereal bars either xx

I do eat them now and again but they are very high sugar and not very filling. I wouldn't have them all the time, maybe as just a grab and go snack if you were on your way out and needed something.
  • johnandkymberley
    Options
    Yeah eggs are fab but we wouldn't usually eat for breakfast except at the weekend as it wouldn't really fit into our working lifestyle?

When I've had my grapes I don't feel hungry at all. I drink my litre before noon and then about 12.30-1.30 I'm ready for my dinner.

So if I incorporate 100g 0% fat Greek yoghurt, 25g of red grapes and then a breakfast biscuit or muesli bar?? They are good to grab if we run late too? Is that a better breakfast? Or cut the biscuits/yoghurt ?

Btw I do eat eggs as omelettes, boiled eggs, poached eggs etc (usually for dinner or tea though) as
    A. I love eggs
    B. They are good for protein
    C. I have 9 hens who don't stop laying!!!

Xxx
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    bacon and eggs. high protein, low carbs.
  • johnandkymberley
    Options
    We have bacon (well Turkey rashers) and eggs at the weekend, i couldn't eat that every day could I? :O
  • chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    We have breakfast biscuits in our house and while my sister loves them I really wouldn't recommend. They're just four oat biscuits in a packet and are usually very high in sugar. I get that they might be good if you're in a rush but I can't see how they are any better for you than grabbing a handful of digestives. I'd much rather have porridge, shredded wheat with actimel, fruit or the other things I mentioned earlier.