Keto and protein question

Options
Today was the first day I actually stuck to my new WOE and didnt go over calories and didn't say forget it and stuck to 20 grams of carbs or less. I was stoked, however, when I went to look at my nutrition I found that I was over 40 grams of protein. Too much protein can spike the blood sugar as well and my goal is ketosis (it's seriously the only thing that works for me). Creating balance is really difficult I've never paid attention to macros and have only ever counted calories or carbs. Any suggestions? Here was my food intake for the day:
Meunster cheese
4 oz beef patty
2 boiled.eggs

Cream cheese
4 oz beef patty
Cabbage
Boiled egg

3 oz chicken breast
Salad with dressing

Snacks were:
Broccoli and dressing
Pork skins
Pickled egg

Replies

• ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am new to keto and am struggling to hit my macros & my calorie goal each day. My only suggestion is try to cut out the protein at one of your meals, replacing it with avocado (still has some protein but not as much) and mixed leafy greens. Some olive oil on that with a few spices makes a great salad. Ive had it for dinner myself. I also tru smoothies no fruit of course, just greens, almond milk, avocado, vanilla & cinnamon. Tastes great and is pretty filling. Hope this helps!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Meunster cheese
    4 oz beef patty
    2 boiled.eggs

Probably too much food there, 2 eggs alone or the beef or 2 ozs beef and an egg etc.

Chicken breast is a bit rubbish for keto - low fat high protein. I avoid it completely.
  • UrsSarcastically
    Options
    Meunster cheese
    4 oz beef patty
    2 boiled.eggs

Probably too much food there, 2 eggs alone or the beef or 2 ozs beef and an egg etc.

Chicken breast is a bit rubbish for keto - low fat high protein. I avoid it completely.

I agree and I'm still having to play around with my diet to make things work. I have to pre cook everything due to me only having a microwave. This was something I didn't really think of until it was too late. That being said I'll cut it down\out once what I have is eaten (as not to waste)
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    As long as it's 70g you're fine. You can eat less but you will loose muscle.