SUGAR!!!!!!!

Options
I crave sugar/sweet stuff in the morning.... any suggestions? I am drinking the English Toffee Coffee in the morning but I feel like I am just waisting so many calories on that. I am looking for lower calorie alternatives.

Replies

• joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I don't like jelly, but I usually eat a whole grain English Muffin with peanut butter for breakfast. Maybe something like that with a dab of jelly to sweeten it up? I have a friend who puts a squirt of Hersey's chocolate syrup on her toast with peanut butter.
    When I have cereal, I have Chocolate Chex (gluten-free) or Chocolate Cheerios or Special K Chocolatey Delight (are you seeing a pattern here? I like chocolate LOL).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Switch to eggs and bacon?
  • Catchphrase33
    Catchphrase33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Chocolate also I love Eggs and bacon but not sweet enough. :ohwell:
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I switch to eggs for most mornings and allow myself A 50 cal dark chocolate snack to cleanse my palate, and it seems to cut cravings to just allow myself to give in to that craving. . . .in moderation.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Whey Protein Shakes - I mix mine with water and a couple of ice cubes in a shaker bottle.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I find that some low sugar/sugar free hot cocoa usually does the trick.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Maybe have some Greek yogurt with your eggs? That way, you get a fairly decent amount of protein along with your sweet.
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Try an apple. They're loaded with fructose (fruit sugar). Studies have shown they actually do a better job of waking you up and keeping you alert than a cup of coffee. Plus they have a good dose of fiber - and that never hurts either.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Try some fruit. Maybe with some yogurt. That will usually help with my sweet cravings.
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    http://thugkitchen.com/post/51561424744/dont-give-me-that-i-dont-eat-breakfast

Quinoa Oatmeal. Tasty, less than 300 cal per serving and you get to dress it up in yummy things. I opted for some brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon this morning. Pretty sweet! I usually go eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast since if i get sweet cravings it's at night, but I made this this weekend and had leftovers. Not bad when you can snooze longer and just heat this up.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every morning... With some veggies and fruit, yogurt or whey protein... lots of good for you calories and sweet to boot!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with sweet add ins like fruit, sugar free/fat free jello pudding powder, protein powder, peanut butter...etc.
    english muffin with peanut butter and banana
    make your own low cal muffins or breakfast bread
    cereal
    smoothies
    overnight oats (add lots of your favorite sweets just like you would with the yogurt)

Sugar won't do harm though. Why not just eat a sweet treat for breakfast if it fits?! If you want cake for breakfast, hell eat it and make the rest of your day work.