Going out Saturday night.

Options
I have not had one drink (alcoholic) since New years eve. I have already decided that I am not drinking beer anymore. The thing that sucks is I hate hard alcohol(yuckkk) but I'm going to have to force it down. My friend wants to go out dancing on Saturday night. I love going out dancing and its been a while since the last time we did. I want to drink but I dont want to ruin my weight loss. What are some drinks that I can get that have like..low low calories. Like doesn't bicardi make a rum or something with zero calories. I could do that and diet coke.
Please, I need suggestions. And I know alot of you are going to say dont drink or only have a couple..but I wanna have fun and theres nothing funner than drinking and dancing!

HELP!

Replies

• 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Stick to "clear" alcohols.
  • ghalliday
    ghalliday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Vodka & diet coke is very low in calories or vodka & tonic....alternatively white wine and soda in a tall glass :-)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    all alcohol has calories as alcohol itself is a carb, but unlike other carbs which have 4 calories per gram, alcohol has 5 cals per gram. Like the first responder said stick to clear alcohols mixed with diet pop if you are worried about calories.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Uhhh, I don't think that rum is going to be 0 calories. Would be nice if it were!

Anyway, I know people who drink vodka & club soda, add some lemon wedges. I'll do "skinny" margaritas, which are actually real margaritas...tequila on the rocks, light splash of triple sec/grand marnier, a few lime wedges. It's strong so I can't down a bunch of them like I can the standard bar margarita.

Or, my simple go to is rum and diet. Hooray for well drinks!

Wine is good too, just not too much of it.

Have fun!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to count all that dancing as exercise again the calories in your drinks. You may come out at zero if you work the dance floor hard enough.
  • hkuiuc99
    hkuiuc99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    skinny girl margarita! :)
  • ms_april
    ms_april Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can figure the calories in almost any liquor by taking the proof -15, so for an 80 proof liquor it is about 65 calories per ounce. Keep in mind that a shot glass is 1 1/2 oz so an 80 proof shot has 98 calories. This calculation is for LIQUOR (vodka, whiskey, rum, etc) NOT LIQUEUR (Southern Comfort, Kahlua, Baileys Irish Cream, ect.) which have much higher calorie content.

Use a no calorie mixer like diet coke or diet 7up to keep calories low. Drink a glass of water between each drink with alcohol to keep the number of drinks you have reasonable and have fun!!!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I drink only rum and diet. Make sure you drink as much water as you can while going out. There are like zero calories; however the clear alcohols do have sugar-even with it being low carb and calorie free. But if you plan to "tie a few on", rum and diet is the way to go! Also white wines are known to be fewer in carbs and calories. I would also suggest some cardio before you go out and having a healthy dinner! Like a turkey burger on whole wheat bread and like half a sweet potato. Just no fast food at 2 am! LOL
    Have fun!