40 pounds by Christmas?

Options
I am 5'1 i am currently at 185. Christmas is 5 months away and i would love to lose 40 lbs by then. Any advise on what I can do to speed up the process. i know exercising helps but like what kind? Any foods i should totally cancel out of my diet? I am lost and I need help!!! Is that realistic, can it happen? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• cookfit10
    cookfit10 Posts: 35
    Options
    In that time frame it is very realistic. Why by christmass
  • drey0422
    drey0422 Posts: 39
    Options
    2014. lol :)
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    That seems like a lot to lose in that time frame for how much weight you have on you...Typically the fewer pounds to lose the longer it takes and I just don't know if that's feasable. Also you said "speed up" the process and personally I feel that's a dangerous train of thought. It's not a race or a competition and I'd focus more on making positive sustainable changes and even if you don't lose that much by then, it's ok because you're setting yourself up for a healthy life.
  • drey0422
    Options
    i misunderstood your question... Because i hate looking at last years Xmas pictures. Also because its when my whole family gets together and we go to friends houses and such and i just would love the start the new year with a new ME.... i just don't know what else to do I'm losing weight so slowly right now it drives me insane.
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ... I'd love to drop a bunch of weight by Christmas ... and I'm 5'1. Though, sadly, my days of 185 were behind me a few years ago. I'm closer to 205 these days ... so I won't hit 140 by Christmas this year.

To be honest, what's working for me ... I'm lifting weights, I eat high-protein, low-ish carb (don't cut your carbs completely ... if I want chocolate, by God, I'm going to have it), cutting out highly processed foods (and yes, I have chocolate that's not highly processed and only has five ingredients and is to die for) and I drink nothing but water.
  • drey0422
    Options
    Maybe "speed up" was a wrong choice of words... well i have lost 8 lbs in about 5-6 weeks and that's soooo slow for the sacrifices and cut backs I have made... ( or at least that;s how it feels). My husband started like 3 weeks ago and has lost like 9 lbs!!! :grumble: i wish!! Thank you for your input though and you are right,.. little by little is fine
  • triceptive
    triceptive Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would drop the calories to about 1200. 40\40\20 C/P/F
    Try full body resistance and training 3 times a week and some form of HIIT cardio 3 times a week. This should drop the weight fast.
    Give it a go for a couple of weeks and see how it works for you.

Good luck.
  • drey0422
    Options
    Hi,

I would drop the calories to about 1200. 40\40\20 C/P/F
    Try full body resistance and training 3 times a week and some form of HIIT cardio 3 times a week. This should drop the weight fast.
    Give it a go for a couple of weeks and see how it works for you.

Good luck.

i have no idea what any of that is... please explain. All i know is cardio ( running, jogging) that is all i do.