excerise/calories

Options
I don't want to eat back my what I burn off during working out, yet when I put in the activities MFP adds calories to my day. How do I set up MFP so it doesn't do that. I just want a notation of the exercises I do for the day.
thanks
Mae

Replies

• Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a way to 'stop' that - but I try not to eat back my burned cals either. I just use my 'brain' and do the math between what I've eaten and what my total daily cals are to show me what i have left.
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Another way is to put "0" for cals burned.. you can manually change the amount of cals burned with any exercise you input in MFP... that way you see what you did but don't 'add' cals burned to your daily intake total
  • medimae
    medimae Posts: 6
    Options
    GREAT idea, thank you very much ! I don't want my brain to "think" I can eat more just cause I see that number of available calories higher than it really should be.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Well.....the point is that you're supposed to eat more. That's how the app works.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating your calories back, you aren't doing MFP the way it is designed.
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I log exercise as 1 calorie burned.

I'm using TDEE, so I'm not using "MFP the way it is designed"... a lot of people don't. It's still a great tool for tracking food and activity.

ETA: if you're worried about calorie overestimation, try only eating 1/2 calories back, but make sure your net calories are above your BMR
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I log exercise as 1 calorie burned.

I'm using TDEE, so I'm not using "MFP the way it is designed"... a lot of people don't. It's still a great tool for tracking food and activity.

ETA: if you're worried about calorie overestimation, try only eating 1/2 calories back, but make sure your net calories are above your BMR

I understand that as I use TDEE too, but I am assuming the OP does not.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I always calculate TDEE with a sedentary activity level, and my calculation for daily intake is only 20 calories off from what MFP sets, so I go with the site setting. I set calorie burn for cardio to be half of what the automatic suggestion is, and just use it as a safety net more than an obligation to eat back.