I WANTED TO QUIT ALMOST EVERY SINGLE DAY. Sound familiar?

Options
After moving to NYC without a job, losing my sister, and helping my mom overcome cancer two years ago, I hit rock bottom. I was in the worst physical and mental shape of my life. I was probably on the verge of diabetes and having all sorts of problems with IBS, cold sores, thinning hair, PTSD. I finally stepped on the scale and realized my emotional eating and depression was slowly killing me; at 5'3, I weighed almost 190 pounds.

It's been one year since I started my journey to make my health and happiness a priority. I've lost about 50 pounds, gained muscle and endurance, and I'm stronger mentally. Many days throughout this process, I didn't think it was possible to feel like myself again, I had a list of excuses as to why I should skip the gym or eat a really unhealthy meal: it was too hard, it was embarrassing for people to see me struggling in the gym, I was exhausted, change is happening too slowly... but something deep inside me made me push through just one more meal, one more workout, one more day.

I still have further to go, but I'm proud of myself for sticking with it, through all the sweat and the tears. My family and boyfriend (now fiancée!) are really loving my renewed confidence. If I can come back from the dark place I was in, so can anyone. It just takes determination and baby steps. Don't be too hard on yourself emotionally, and safely push yourself physically, every single day. Getting some positive feedback is a great way to resist that cheeseburger and fries. I hope this post helps inspire you to keep on it.

c8eTYwLl.jpg

#keeppushing #mindovermatter #slowandsteady #onedayatatime

Replies

• melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post about this!! Last night laying in bed I though man I have tried so many time to lose this weight. I fail each time and I have depression pretty bad. I was thinking why on earth am I doing this? I look at all the success stories and get hope then I think what am I thinking I will never do that I always fail at this healthy stuff. I can not see myself fit and healthy bc I have never seen it before. I have a wonderful support system but each day I consider quitting bc I have so much self doubt. Reading your post helps a lot. Thank You!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Great work! You're looking great!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are beautiful! And just LOOK at those legs!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    You look great and I love your story! Just keep pushing! Great work :)
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    well done, great inspiration!
  • adj11481
    adj11481 Posts: 3
    Options
    I seriously have to focus on each and every meal, each and ever workout. Just keep yourself focused on little goals. You can do it! And if you fall off the horse one day, get right back on the next day. Don't let your mind use that as an excuse to give up.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Thank you for sharing.