Has anyone heard of Isagenix?

Options
Hi everyone,
just a quick question because I'm at work and we're quite busy.

But has anyone heard of Isagenix?
I need to lose 12kg before January so I can have my cryogenics procedure to have my eggs frozen so I can have kids in the future
(I had ovarian cancer and lost my left ovary but the right one is fine)

I'm a bit skeptical but it sounds like it makes sense.

What do you all think?

Thanks

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    you need to lose less than 30lbs in 5 months. You can do it normally. Don't take anything. Start now, today and lose that weight. you can do it....I have faith in you.
  • CLina89
    CLina89 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you,
    My PT wants me to try it, at least for the cleansing program because of the chemo toxins that are probably still in my body.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Thank you,
    My PT wants me to try it, at least for the cleansing program because of the chemo toxins that are probably still in my body.

I would run that by my doctor.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Thank you,

Your body will take care of that on its own. Save your money, use a caloric deficit, and you'll lose the weight just fine.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I would speak to your doctor or a dietician before taking something recommended (and possibly sold) by your PT.

Also, best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of natural ways to cleanse your body after chemo. You can speak to your ONCOLOGIST about this. Not your personal trainer.

Do not take Isagenix or other cleanse gimmicks.
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes...I still take some of their products. But the whole cleansing thing is overrated. You can just eat loads of fruit and veggies and drink quality protein shakes, because that's all the program really is. It's a 30 day program for too much money that is basically one day of starvation, one day of shakes, etc... They do have quality products but the whole cleansing system is not worth it. Beware your PT may be trying to get you to become an associate...don't do this as a business. You can starve and drink protein shakes, water and vitamins for free. The products I stand by from them is the accelerator and telomere support...that's it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you,

Increase your fruits and vegetables, try to eat lean meats. The fiber and vitamins will do wonders. Drinking lots of water (half your body weight in ounces is a good place to aim) will help "flush" your body. Exercise will help as well (walking works, doesn't have to be running).

Most cleanses are low calories and if you went through chemotherapy your body may not be strong enough to deal with that.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Thank you,

How much medical training does your PT have? Is (s)he selling the stuff? The only nutritional advice my PT has ever given me has been to make sure I am eating enough to fuel my workouts. If he ever said anything beyond that, he would be fired right fast.

Please speak to your doctor.

ETA: You can lose the weight without any fad/gimmick diet/cleanse stuff. You have a reasonable amount of time to accomplish this safely. Your body does not need the added stress right now. Take care of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • andreavarangu
    andreavarangu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You really don't need Isagenix......IMO, an expensive gimmick. Also it's multi-level marketing.....I'd just steer well clear.

I wish you all the best in your quest for parenthood.
  • CLina89
    Options
    Thanks for your advice everyone, my PT uses it herself and is in multiple body building competitions constantly.
    I went to my gp yesterday and he also said what everyone has been saying here.
    I will hold it all in my heard and think about it.

Thanks heaps
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice everyone, my PT uses it herself and is in multiple body building competitions constantly.
    I went to my gp yesterday and he also said what everyone has been saying here.
    I will hold it all in my heard and think about it.

Thanks heaps

Best of luck OP :flowerforyou:
  • CLina89
    Options
    Thank you very much, it's been a harsh battle.
    To say the least.
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    From one fellow ovarian cancer survivor to another....Rock it girl Never give up the fight. You've already overcome so much. I'm completely looking for your success story! Hugs to you.
  • darkmstf
    darkmstf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    FWIW I LOVE Isagenix and am a firm believer in its products and what it can do for the body. Do your own due diligence -- read up on the studies and make your own informed opinion. I did. Trust me -- I am a neurotic when it comes to pulling products and systems apart. Cleanse for Life is more than your ordinary "cleanse" ... it supports and helps a body cleanse from a cellular level. Look up the ingredients in CFL and research each and every ingredient separately -- pull it apart. Then you'll understand why it's different ... and NO it's not a laxative. It supports while your body goes through an intermittent fasting to help burn up glycogen stores and puts your body into fat burning mode.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    FWIW I LOVE Isagenix and am a firm believer in its products and what it can do for the body. Do your own due diligence -- read up on the studies and make your own informed opinion. I did. Trust me -- I am a neurotic when it comes to pulling products and systems apart. Cleanse for Life is more than your ordinary "cleanse" ... it supports and helps a body cleanse from a cellular level. Look up the ingredients in CFL and research each and every ingredient separately -- pull it apart. Then you'll understand why it's different ... and NO it's not a laxative. It supports while your body goes through an intermittent fasting to help burn up glycogen stores and puts your body into fat burning mode.

STOP with this utter nonsense.
  • ladyofthelakeontario
    ladyofthelakeontario Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to ask your gp or oncologist (if you are still seeing one) if they can refer you to a dietitian with experience working with cancer survivors, who can help you build a plan best suited for someone with on your medical history. Having researched isagenix thoroughly, I would personally skip it.
  • freelifter
    Options
    ^^^^ what she said
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I did Isagenix back in 2005. I did 2 30 day cleanses and along with regular exercise, lost 25 lbs. The program is very tough (for me anyway) and the two day cleanses are absolute torture. I slowly added the weight back and tried it again but it never took hold and I gave up. I ended up dreading the cleanse days. I went back to my regular, bad eating habits and gain all the weight back and then some over time.

I would just save your money and eat better, less and exercise. You can get good meal replacement shakes at GNC or other stores.