pact app

Options
How many have tried the app pact? Do you like it? Does it keep you motivated? What are your rewards like? Thanks!

Replies

• beckademic
    beckademic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i posted this late last night....bumping it to see if i get some traffic on this.
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use the app. Not going to lie, it does keep me motivated to hit my weekly goals mainly because I don't like spending money I shouldn't have to. Plus I like being rewarded for doing the right things :wink:

But as a word of warning, if you have a crappy phone (i.e.Galaxy S2 or S3), totally would not recommend using the app. The gps for checking in and out at the gym on those two are horrific!! :explode:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

But as a word of warning, if you have a crappy phone (i.e.Galaxy S2 or S3), totally would not recommend using the app. The gps for checking in and out at the gym on those two are horrific!! :explode:

Is the problem with the Android version of the app, or is it really with a specific phone?
  • beckademic
    beckademic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @mnecka - what size of rewards have you gotten? I feel like the not wanting to spend money would also be the motivator for me as well
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I have used Pact since February. Have withdrawn over $80. I commit to a high # of activities each week: 7 days food logging, 6 days workouts, 30 fruits & veggies. Most weeks its $4-5. Last week was $3.64.

Its a big motivator. I do NOT want to pay - and I never have!

Ps-for workouts you get credit for taking a 30+ minute GPS/app tracked walk, run, etc. Or if you have a Fitbit, it syncs and you get credit for a 10,000+ step day.
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have used it for the last 1.5-2 months and it definitely does motivate me! The rewards are nothing big (I only do the workout tracking) especially compared to the amount that I would have to pay out for missing a workout ($5 per workout). I like how you can adjust your goal for each week, too. It definitely motivates me to get my workouts in! Try it for a week!