Xtreme Wellness tortillas- BEWARE!!

Options
I bought the Xtreme Wellness tortillas because the packaging said only 71 calories per tortilla (high fiber, low carb). I checked the website for some recipe ideas, and low and behold- the real deal. These tortillas have 110 calories each! I contacted the company about the discrepancy and they were very non-chalant and said Ya, they're 110 calories.

Beware... the old saying that if it's too good to be true holds up when buying these tortillas!

Julie :)

Replies

• juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    how is that legal?
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    just got some yesterday and mine now show 110.. so must have been changed very recently...
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I had bought a few packages before I realized it. Torques my rump!

No, I don't think it's legal. They played dumb when I brought it to their attention.
  • gator77da
    gator77da Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They often change their formula . . . if it said 71 calories on the package you bought, that's what it was for that package. But most flavors of the xtreme high fiber/extreme wellness went through a formula change, which is reflected on the website. I recently scoured the WalMart shelves for some of the last ones that had the old formula -- some where the 70ish calorie variety and others were the 110.
  • WestonFirm
    Options
    A California law firm is investigating whether the claims regarding the healthfulness of this product are accurate. If you have information or would like more information please contact Greg Weston at greg@westonfirm.com.

Advertisement