Does your boss know you spend all day goofing off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Nope-- I have my own office. However, if my boss walks in my office you better believe I'm clicking off the screen like a maniac.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm the manager of my department. I'm the only one in that department. I should tell myself to go do some real work.

This!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Yep.. she wanted me to google something for her and there is MFP....

She doesn't care but she also doesn't understand how logging and chatting with strangers abroad helps in weight loss. :)

She did weight watchers years ago and said the meeting peer pressure was great :)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I only come on during my lunch break. I need to log my food and I spend a couple minutes checking the Community board. As far as I know, he doesn't know. As long as it doesn't interfere with my work, he wouldn't care. (Unless he's having a bad day, which doesn't happen that often.)
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I keep praying they are not checking the logs.
    ^Ditto
    Like this, I hope they are tracking the network traffic that closely... or if they are then I hope I get canned. Ugh, hate this work environment.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My "boss" is out of town. I can do as I please.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options

Being the network admin here, I check the logs.

OHHHHHHHHhhhhhh so THAT'S how you get by with "squatting" at work without anyone knowing.. You can look up all kinds of stuff, like squat videos, without anyone knowing... :huh:
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Im always have many screens open on 2 monitors due to my job ... easy to hide MFP site behind one of them LOL
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    He is fully aware that I am goofing off on several sites simultaneously. I have a lot of down time. As long as my work gets done, all is good.
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Options
    ^Ditto

I go incognito :) hehehehe
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    they'd probably start a group effort to fatten me up if they saw me tracking my food. i don't think they care though, as long as my work gets done.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    No, but if there's not something else I'm supposed to be doing, there's no policy against it. As of this minute, everything is caught up.

:drinker:

ETA: And I'm sure if I told her, she'd just laugh.

This for me too. I make sure I have my work done & I don't think she'd ever ask.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I'm the manager of my department. I'm the only one in that department. I should tell myself to go do some real work.

you should. else you might not give yourself a stellar performance review next review period. :wink:
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    ^Ditto

I go incognito :) hehehehe

Incognito doesn't hid your browsing history from the powers that be lol. It just stops the site cookies from being saved to the browser.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    perhaps.gif

giphy.gif

well... that's just confusing. :huh:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    So far they haven't blocked the site on me.

So SHUSH!!!!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    He'd likely think it was better time spent on MFP than the alternative....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1373521-extremely-embarrassed-at-work
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options

you should. else you might not give yourself a stellar performance review next review period. :wink:

I do need to get a better performance than last year. I had to put myself on probation for sexually harassing my subordinate. :blushing:
  • tiffprl
    tiffprl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not sure, I know they have access though....my manager should try it actually.
  • wuany
    wuany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not sure. I like the answer about researching health though:smile: