Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla

Options
If anyone out in MFP Land enjoys these tortilla wraps I have a question. I had been using these for lunch wraps and also toasting them and cutting them into wedges to use as chips. I enjoy them, and the great benefit was the fiber and the fact that they were 71 calories. I just happened to pick up at pack at Walmart yesterday and the nutritional value was laying face up. I noticed the calorie count is now 110. If any of you use this product could you check the nutritional value and see if yours is now showing 110 calories. I can't figure out what else changed in the product to cause this increase. I have checked MFP and many users show a confirmation of 71 calories. I entered an updated calorie count yesterday. Thanks!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If your package says 110 calories then that is the amount you should use. Companies change their recipes from time to time, if you want to keep using 71 calories you'll only be cheating yourself.
  • laurwashere
    Options
    Mine still say 71. I bought two packs last week at Kroger. Are you sure the nutritional information was for the right type? If so, weird. I'll keep an eye out.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are a different size? Check the serving size weight (should be in grams). Mission has carb balance tortillas in 3 different sizes. Calories range from 80 calories to 210.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I went to the website. The High Fiber/Low carb ones have 110 calories. The Spinach and Herbs ones have 74 and the same amount of net carbs. Maybe you could go with those next time? The Tomato Basil ones have 68 carbs and same amount of net carbs.
  • TRBowman
    TRBowman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I am using the 110 calorie count. I'm very strict with my counts. I double checked the packages. After my post I checked the old info with the new info. They have changed the carbs, fiber and protein on the new nutritional information on the package I bought yesterday. I am sure that is why there is a calorie increase. It pays to always check nutritional information with each purchase since manfacturers aren't required to note anything on the front of packaging. The front of the package looks exactly the same as the old one. I hope my post will help someone out there on MFP. I may need to check at Kroger and see if I can still purchase any of the 71 calorie packages. Again, thanks for checking! Have a great weekend!
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    They had to change the calorie count to 110 from 71, because the total calories was calculated incorrectly. If you go through and do the individual calculations for C/F/P, you will see that they did not count the fiber in the C calculation. This was misleading people into thinking that the total calorie count was lower than it actually was.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! I used to use those and now I've found that I actually like the lavash wraps better. (I use Joseph's with flax) They are HUGE and 100 calories a piece...I usually eat half filled with goodies and its very satisfying.
  • TRBowman
    TRBowman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks jerzypeach! Man, these things keep us on our toes! I will take it up a notch on watching the calorie breakdown on packaging.
  • laurwashere
    Options
    I would have never known this if someone hadn't pointed it out so thanks TRBowman and jerzypeach. Very misleading indeed.
  • WestonFirm
    Options
    A California law firm is investigating whether the claims regarding the healthfulness of this product are accurate. If you have information or would like more information please contact Greg Weston at greg@westonfirm.com.

Advertisement