Healthy wraps/tortillas

Options
Leslie85
Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
Anyone know of any healthy wraps/tortillas? I don't mean things I can put in them to make a healthy wrap- I mean the actual wrap itself.

And P.S. I don't have time to make my own- so something that can be found in the grocery store would be great!

Replies

• Anke861
    Anke861 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hey, I buy the mama lupes low carb ones from avidlite.co.uk .... make my own fajitas but low carb :) YUM
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/flatout-wraps/

I work at a super walmart so I buy a pack every week
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options

^^^^same
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory makes these low carb, high fiber tortillas with a decent amount of protein :)
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options

^^^^same

^^^^^^^ same same! :)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory 100 Calorie Whole Wheat - VERY GOOD!

I bought some Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber/Low Carb Wraps the other day because they didn't have the La Tortilla Factory ones and they are very floury and tasteless, IMO. They have 30 less calories but they are smaller and not as tasty.
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory makes these low carb, high fiber tortillas with a decent amount of protein :)

I use the Ole high fiber low carb tortillas
    Here is the nutritional info

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/ole/extreme-wellness-high-fiber-low-carb-tortillas
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I use lettuce leaves as the "wrap." They're pretty great.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I like a good tortilla, so I use El Milagro whole wheat tortillas. They're 190 calories and 27 grams of net carbs but they are so hearty I can use half for one meal. I throw them on the burner for a minute and fill it up with chicken breast, lettuce, light caesar and a little grated parmesan.

I use flatout sometimes too but for me there's nothing like a real tortilla.
  • bush_woman187
    bush_woman187 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i use joseph's breads. They make a flat pita with only 8 carbs and 60 cal, its delicious. I find them at BJ's Wharehouse.

http://www.josephsbakery.com/SubPages/Products/FeaturedProducts.aspx
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Tumaro's makes some good ones. The sourdough is my favorite. It's only 80 calories and it is a good size. Check them out at www.tumaros.com
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I make my own from flaxmeal...
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Tumaro's makes some good ones. The sourdough is my favorite. It's only 80 calories and it is a good size. Check them out at www.tumaros.com

I second this. Their low carb ones are ridiculously low in calories (only 50 for the salsa, and 60 for the garden vegetable and whole wheat). And they're not tiny little tortillas either. They're eight inches in diameter! I've seen regular tortillas that size that are pushing 200 calories!

That being said, they're not the tastiest tortillas. They're not bad, I wouldn't say that at all. I like the taste and texture of them and there's nothing about them that expressively says "lo cal". But they are a bit tougher than ordinary tortillas.
    Factoring in the calorie content and the size, these things are gold!!!

A very very close second is "Ole Xtreme Wellness Low Carb High FIber" tortillas. These are also eight inches in diameter, and only 70 calories. I notice that these are a lot softer than the Tumaro's brand. These have an amazing texture to them, even if they are a bit bitter when eaten plain (you can't detect any bitterness when they're eaten with ingredients on them, though).

Those are the two best options that I've come across, in my opinion.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Www.josephsbakery.com

The flax and oat bran line is low Carb and low Cal...check out the lavish....only problem in all wraps is sodium... :-) :-)
  • Racheldt87
    Racheldt87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like the Tumaros salsa or whole grain tortillas best! They are low carb and only have 50 calories, plus they are burrito size. Walmart doesn't carry them just Dillions(Kroger) & Price Cutter in my area. So when I can't find those I get the Mission low carb wheat tortilla-fajita size is 80 cal or I get the Mama Lupes low carb tortillas- they are soft taco size & 60 calories. Also I sometimes get the Josephs lavash bread (flax & oats) it is 4 carbs & 50 calories.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options

THIS so much!! low carb tortillas is how i manage my extreme carb craving! (i'm a total carboholic, never leave me alone with a loaf of bread)
  • WestonFirm
    Options
    A California law firm is investigating whether the claims regarding the healthfulness of Ole Xtreme Wellness Tortillas are accurate. If you have information or would like more information please contact Greg Weston at greg@westonfirm.com.

Advertisement
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I use lettuce leaves as the "wrap." They're pretty great.

that's what I use. Think it's great.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options

THIS so much!! low carb tortillas is how i manage my extreme carb craving! (i'm a total carboholic, never leave me alone with a loaf of bread)

I have used these to replace sandwich bread. I load them up with chicken, steak whatever. I also buy these little single serving guacamole tubs at Costco to put with the meat, Yum!
  • Brooke4206
    Brooke4206 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Tumaro's is my favorite. 60 calories for a tomato basil kind as well as a regular wheat kind. They're a normal medium sized wrap. Delicious too!