Does your boss know you spend all day goofing off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I hope they don't find out lol. There are only 2 people in our IT department so I hope they have enough to do besides check up on what I'm doing.

I only really browse when I'm on my lunch break though.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I manage the reports that go to management regarding internet traffic. Oddly, my computer does not show up on those reports.
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    I keep praying they are not checking the logs.
    ^Ditto

Ditto ^^
    it's not a blocked site (like FB, pinterest, etc) so it must be ok!! lol
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    god i hope not
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    hell to the no... I'd have to be goofing off in the first place for them to find out. :-) they monitor everything. I may sneak on once in a while but not so often to raise red flags.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I have three monitors, so as long as spreadsheets are up on 2/3 with MFP taking up the one, I'm fine right? #balance

^^^ True priorities.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I'm the manager of my department. I'm the only one in that department. I should tell myself to go do some real work.

you should. else you might not give yourself a stellar performance review next review period. :wink:

I do need to get a better performance than last year. I had to put myself on probation for sexually harassing my subordinate. :blushing:

you really should stop groping her in the shower. HR definitely would have a problem with that.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I am the boss, so yes
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I work from home so they would have no clue. I could be sitting on my deck right now enjoying the sun for all they know. It sure is nice outside here today.

Me too! I have my hammock all set up and oh wait.....I own my business no I am the boss!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Mine used to poke fun, but now he's trying to lose weight ..... asked me how many calories are in a pound of cherries .....

But I don't actually let him READ this stuff :laugh:
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    Whenever my boss sees me on here he assumes I have nothing to do at the moment. Once in awhile he goes out of his way to crash a computer just to keep me occupied :sad:
  • ShannonS921
    ShannonS921 Posts: 194
    Options
    Yea, working in the public school system, they can access anything they want that I've done on my school computer. Luckily, my MFP shenanigans are entirely too mild for them to be bothered. I'm still shocked by what some people think they can be doing on their computer, while in class....with students in the room!

Lucky!! Our school has MFP blocked due to it being a "social networking site". So, I get to play while we're on summer vacation and then I have to sneak glances at my phone all day! :laugh:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Being the network admin here, I check the logs.

OHHHHHHHHhhhhhh so THAT'S how you get by with "squatting" at work without anyone knowing.. You can look up all kinds of stuff, like squat videos, without anyone knowing... :huh:

And.....AND....I work in the NOC. The only thing sharing office space with me is the servers. AND, you need a key code to get in here. I can squat in here all day, since I change the code routinely and "forget" to give the new code to the IT Director. :wink:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Yea, working in the public school system, they can access anything they want that I've done on my school computer. Luckily, my MFP shenanigans are entirely too mild for them to be bothered. I'm still shocked by what some people think they can be doing on their computer, while in class....with students in the room!

Lucky!! Our school has MFP blocked due to it being a "social networking site". So, I get to play while we're on summer vacation and then I have to sneak glances at my phone all day! :laugh:

It's not blocked, but they do filter for adult content, so 99% of all cat gifs get blocked, but the stuff I actually DON'T want to see still makes it through some how. :noway:
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    My "boss" is out of town. I can do as I please.

Hee Hee
    High-Five-GIF-1.gif
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options

Being the network admin here, I check the logs.

OHHHHHHHHhhhhhh so THAT'S how you get by with "squatting" at work without anyone knowing.. You can look up all kinds of stuff, like squat videos, without anyone knowing... :huh:

And.....AND....I work in the NOC. The only thing sharing office space with me is the servers. AND, you need a key code to get in here. I can squat in here all day, since I change the code routinely and "forget" to give the new code to the IT Director. :wink:

Definitely in the best position to squat at work. So jealous.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I am the boss.
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    oh yes he does...i was just telling him about the squating in the bathroom incident on another post.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Our company went another way and they actually encourage the use of MFP.

Last year they launched a Wellness initiative to lower health insurance rates and increase productivity.

As a workforce, we have been able to show a huge cumulative weight loss and our insurance rates actually went down. They are already forecasting another decrease next year.

Some of the people posting should take that idea to management. There is plenty of data to back up the link between increasing the workforce's health and the benefits the company realizes.

We even get up to $800/year incentive for not smoking, logging a particular activity goal and hitting it, and sustaining a waist circumference of 40" or less. You could be the hero in your company and improve a lot of lives.
  • tehmiminator
    Options
    I can't check anything at work, no computer! :) I also don 't have my phone on me on the sales floor.