National Wing Day Decision

Options
Hello, I am new to dieting and all the myfitnesspal stuff. So far I have streaked four days. I was about to give up then I just allowed myself a cheat meal. I have been doing pretty good exercising and all. But today my brother wants to take me to Hooters for wing day ( unlimited wings ) but I know if I go I'll eat so many calories. So, should I just go and "ruin" all my work and start tommorow?

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to dieting and all the myfitnesspal stuff. So far I have streaked four days. I was about to give up then I just allowed myself a cheat meal. I have been doing pretty good exercising and all. But today my brother wants to take me to Hooters for wing day ( unlimited wings ) but I know if I go I'll eat so many calories. So, should I just go and "ruin" all my work and start tommorow?
    Dont do it.

If you are going to blow out your diet then at least go to a place that has good wings. Hooters wings are terrible. Wings are at least 100 cals/per so eat wisely if you do go...and make that your only meal of the day.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat a few instead of all you can eat. I love wings too. When I go to a wings place, I used to have three orders of my different favorite flavors. Now, I just get one order of five wings. Don't sell yourself short. Just eat a few and be pleased with yourself and happy that you got to eat a food you love in moderation.
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat a few instead of all you can eat. I love wings too. When I go to a wings place, I used to have three orders of my different favorite flavors. Now, I just get one order of five wings. Don't sell yourself short. Just eat a few and be pleased with yourself and happy that you got to eat a food you love in moderation.
    ^^^this..............and maybe get a side salad or munch the celery in between for a distraction.
  • thehoganknight
    thehoganknight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the help. I'll try to only eat a little.
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I had no idea it was wing day! My Achilles tendon!!!
    Anyway, I did just that on Sunday. I had been quite good (20 day streak) but I was hankerin' for wings, beer, & pizza. So I had them. Everything in moderation, right? I ended up 800 calories over for the day, but it was my first day over in the 20 so I didn't feel too bad.
    Weight loss is about making new habits. Its the old ones that got you here. No one is a saint, and as long as you don't make "endless wings" a habit, I say live a little, but try to limit (like, decide on an END of the "endless") and FORCE yourself back on track tomorrow. No additional cheats until you have EARNED them. Try not to undo all you've worked for just over a treat.
    Also, sometimes I have to turn down cake at a party because I have another party (or two) this weekend and I only allow myself ONE cheat -- mostly because no matter how many times I have cake, it is delicious, but it tastes the same as it did last time - - and that's the attitude I have to take. I am changing my relationship with food, one opportunity at a time.
    Good luck!!!
  • jnewberry81
    Options
    Get an order of 6, with a water / tea / diet soda and a crap ton of celery / carrot sticks.

20 wings is as many calories as you probably burn in a day. Anything All You Can Eat is a bad idea.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It's national wing day?! I'm out! Time to look for the nearest Hooter's.... not in SF... it's CLOSED! /cry
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    One wing.
    180 calories.
    280 mg sodium.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/hooters/chicken-wings

Use this info as you see fit.
  • thehoganknight
    thehoganknight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So I decided not to go. Instead I'm having pizza rolls, soda, and chips...
    Parent dinners...