Big Girl Problems - embarassing

Options
Ok...so I've been doing T25 for a couple weeks now and while I'd like to step it up, I have an issue. I've been sticking to the modifiers because it is uncomfortable to do the "normal" moves.

Basically anything that involves jumping/bouncing, I'm having problems because my belly moves with me. I have what I not so lovingly call a "B" belly. I have an upper roll and a lower roll. Lower roll is fine. Upper roll - the only way I can describe it to people who don't have these issues, is - if you're a woman, think of what it would be like to jump or run with no bra on. And that is how my stomach feels.

Please tell me there are other women - or men - who have had this issue and know of a way to "fix" it.

Replies

• Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that issue with my belly... but I know my booty jiggles very uncomfortably. Have you tried compression gear? They make shirts and pants. They're expensive... but totally worth it. I haven't had an issue with my booty since I started wearing them.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have that issue. The only way I can think of to fix it is to buy a sports bra type of thing for your stomach. I don't know what they are called, but in the beginning of my pregnancy, I had a stretchy thing that went over my stomach and jeans so that I could leave my jeans unbuttoned, but this thing kept them from falling. It might work to keep bellies from bouncing.
  • Missboss888
    Missboss888 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe it would help if you wore a belt. They sell the Golds gym brand at walmart. I only have a little lower belly and I hate for it to jiggle around with t25 so that keeps it in place lol. But once you take it off it is literally drenched in sweat. It's those wide belts that stick together with velcro that sometimes ladies use after having a baby. I hope I described it well enough. :)
  • littleancientheart
    littleancientheart Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love T25. I say stick to the modifier. Like Shaun says, you do the best that you can do for yourself. You just keep up with them as best as you can. I don't have the same roll issue as you but I still do the modified version about half the time because I just don't want to jump. I worry about my joints and in the past I've tried to advance the moves in a workout routine to fast. It usually leads to injuries. I only jump for some moves.

Just do your moves with intensity, focus on your core! and keep going, don't stop. It doesn't mean you're not working out hard enough if you don't jump.

PS This is all just my opinion, if you want to jump then jump, of course…hopefully someone is able to suggest something like a garment that could help you keep from being uncomfortable. :-D Stay FOCUSED!!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    A compression top like those made by Nike, UnderArmour, etc. would probably help. I used the jiggle as motivation and remember as a major NSV the first day I went running and didn't feel flab bouncing.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem with DDR a dancing games last year. I hated it. It was worse when my husband had his brother in law over and I feel awful knowing how jiggly I was. I wore a lot of stretchy pants or yoga, and pulled them up over my stomach.... probably wasn't the most flattering but it was less jiggly and cheaper than investing in underarmour, etc (though now I'm considering some because I've heard they're nice)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I face the jiggly bits problem as well. Hate jumping! I wear a really good sports bra but generally don't worry about my belly. However, if it is super uncomfortable for you I would recommend Spanx tank tops. Not as pricey as sports compression gear and would work as effectively. I always wear Spanx tanks with my work clothing.
  • SmileyAmy1977
    SmileyAmy1977 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A compression top like those made by Nike, UnderArmour, etc. would probably help. I used the jiggle as motivation and remember as a major NSV the first day I went running and didn't feel flab bouncing.

Haha! Love that!

ThinLizzie...I have a Spanx type top but it rolls up on me. Hmmmm....

I never thought about the preggo belly thing - that may be an option to try! I don't really have the money to buy anything expensive.

littleancient.... I probably won't do a lot of jumping - I have the same concerns as you AND I have super low ceilings and a ceiling fan. But I'd like to do a bit here and there. I do like that Shaun tells you to just go at your pace. I had originally tried P90X3 and was so overwhelmed. I couldn't even do the modifiers! LOL
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've seen compression belts that are super wide, like from under your breasts to your lower abdomen, that are made for just such a thing. They're elasticy, and they wrap around. Don't be afraid to layer either. If you can find a belt at a reasonable price, try it with a compression top. That's what I do. I have the same issue. I have it with my work out pants as well. Not so much the same pain/uncomfortable feeling in my legs, but my pants always jiggle off. Haha. I had to get some pairs with pull strings to make it work.
  • SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I know the reviews are not great on sweat belts but I love to wear them to me it feels like a girdle it forces me to keep in my stomach especially since having 2 babies within 2 years of each other. Try it out see if it helps
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I play a lot of sports, including a ridiculous amount of dodgeball and I'm one of the biggest girls in the league...but I wear high waisted shapewear that tends to keep everything from jiggling around when I'm dodging everything that is being thrown at me!
  • Divamc
    Divamc Posts: 21
    Options
    A unitard might be the answer. The bellie can't roll because it's one piece.
  • SmileyAmy1977
    Options
    Thanks everyone, for your suggestions!
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

I never thought about the preggo belly thing - that may be an option to try! I don't really have the money to buy anything expensive.

Try Once Upon A Child, the one near me has maternity clothes (not all of them do). They may sell those as well. And they would be much cheaper than a new one from the store.
  • SmileyAmy1977
    Options

Try Once Upon A Child, the one near me has maternity clothes (not all of them do). They may sell those as well. And they would be much cheaper than a new one from the store.

Haha... Did a search on their website Not ONE anywhere near me. LOL
  • altesse7
    altesse7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Athleta.com has some awesome excersise clothes for that! I have the baby belly, that jiggles, when I do jumping jacks and I wonder if everyone is looking at me. The waist on the pants are amazing!