TACO BELL!!!!!

Options
We all have our FAVORITE fast food places that we loved from children to adults and mine are Taco Bell, KFC, and McDonald's.

So one day more recently, I got dragged to taco bell, and ate I the taco fresco. I mostly ate it because it was advertised as healthy (healthier anyhow - me the skeptic) and it was delicious. I thought to myself, "WOW JULIE, a taco made without all the cheese for your little lactose intolerant self!!"

So today I needed a quick dinner and since I exercised a ton and haven't had fast food in eons, I went to taco bell and got my fresco crunchy beef tacos (2). I took them home, opened up the website and was MUCH pleased to find that they are only 150 Calories EACH!!!

I CAN EAT TACO BELL AGAIN!!! YUM YUM! :love:
(just not very often)

p.s. My hot sauce packets say "not it" and "this space for rent, inquire within" teehee...

Replies

• jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    We all have our FAVORITE fast food places that we loved from children to adults and mine are Taco Bell, KFC, and McDonald's.

So one day more recently, I got dragged to taco bell, and ate I the taco fresco. I mostly ate it because it was advertised as healthy (healthier anyhow - me the skeptic) and it was delicious. I thought to myself, "WOW JULIE, a taco made without all the cheese for your little lactose intolerant self!!"

So today I needed a quick dinner and since I exercised a ton and haven't had fast food in eons, I went to taco bell and got my fresco crunchy beef tacos (2). I took them home, opened up the website and was MUCH pleased to find that they are only 150 Calories EACH!!!

I CAN EAT TACO BELL AGAIN!!! YUM YUM! :love:
    (just not very often)

p.s. My hot sauce packets say "not it" and "this space for rent, inquire within" teehee...
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you got to have some of your favorite food, and found out it wasn't going to hurt your calories for the day.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Taco bell is yummy I had one of the fresco chicken bowls. Not bad don't know the calories though.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    AMEN on the Taco Bell fresco menu. But certain other elements on here (and yeah I'm talking about you Ali!) are lecturing me on sodium content. Thoughts?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    AMEN on the Taco Bell fresco menu. But certain other elements on here (and yeah I'm talking about you Ali!) are lecturing me on sodium content. Thoughts?

omg...ye of little faith!!! {where is my hose}.......moderation is key my pal....that's all I'm sayin! :bigsmile:

but ah mmmmm 150 cal tacos....that sounds delish...once in awhile..*cough-dave*......:wink:

hugs!
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I eat a lot of fruit and veg fresh or frozen (not canned) and I actually put my sodium on my list of nutrients so I can keep a close eye on it. Thanks for the reminder though, we all should we watching it.
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    :love: Oh, Taco Bell . . .

I'm so hoping that eventually they'll make a Fresco Meximelt. Not holding out much hope, though.

Good to know that there's a way to indulge responsibly!
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    oh man this made my day. I had seen it before but thought it couldn't be that much less calories but i just looked online and it is really not bad at all! heres to having taco bell for lunch tomorrow, Thanks for the post!
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i had checkers today :blushing: checker burger and a FEW fries from my hubby's fries. but i also had plenty of calories to spare for the day, i am stll 400 cal under for today. just getting 1200 down in one day is hard for me. :grumble:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    There is a fresco meximelt in the MFP database, so in theory it exists somewhere. But, it's not on Taco Bell's own website, and I have absolutely no idea how you make a "fresco" version of that one (but I do love them so!).