Anyone start at 170-180 and lose weight?

Options
Anyone start at 170-180 and lose weight? I started at 183. I'm about 175 right now but want to get down to 135. Any success stories? Include pics if you can.

Replies

• jennahaines108
    jennahaines108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" btw. If that adds any information.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I started at 170 lbs June of last year. I'm 5'3.5". I'm 119 lbs now. I have before and afters in my profile. Here's some good links that helped me♡ good luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide 
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". I was 180 in high school, lost weight, and stuck around 125 for quite some time. Over the years it crept back up to 150....so once I'm not pregnant again I'll be striving for 135 as well!
  • maleckathryn
    Options
    I started at 252. was down to 145 in 14 months, and a few months of relapse put me back at 175. Trying to catch it before it gets to out of control. what do you do for excersize?
  • laura3773
    laura3773 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started at 185. I'm down to 167 and still losing 1 pound a week pretty steadily. (Not this week, probably, yay for shark week, but overall).

Several years ago I stared at 185 and got to about 155 on Weight watchers before I decided to stop paying for it. I gained that mostly back, then had a baby.
  • melsakinyi
    melsakinyi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. I started at 185 pounds and I am down to 155. I started in March
  • DaboGirlNB
    DaboGirlNB Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4" and started last September at 170... so far I've lost 30 lbs, built a lot of muscle and am 5-10 lbs away from my goal. I never considered I was "dieting" - just changed my habits, logged my food without being too restrictive with what I ate, and began a new active lifestyle. Making sure this healthy lifestyle sticks this time!
  • motivatedkarma
    motivatedkarma Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 started in March at 185 and I am down to 154, i still have 20 pounds to go, hopefully soon :)
  • jennahaines108
    Options
    I started at 252. was down to 145 in 14 months, and a few months of relapse put me back at 175. Trying to catch it before it gets to out of control. what do you do for excersize?

Right now I'm doing Insanity and Couch to 5k. But before that, I was just doing about 30 min. of cardio and basic strength training.
  • jennahaines108
    Options

That's awesome and thanks!
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm in turtle mode ... very slow but hopefully long term lifestyle. I started (this time) at 181, 5'4", 30 y.o. in mid-January of this year. I am down 23 lbs and sitting at about 158 (flirting with 157).

I run (jog), walk, do hip hop/zumba classes, lift, bootcamp/circuit/body weight work. But honestly, it's all about tracking. I love to eat, and drink. It's a huge part of how I socialize, either when I'm entertaining at home or out with friends/family. I'm just trying to be a lot more mindful about it all, and balancing big eating days with better habits and lower intake days. I've focused on reducing sugar and upping protein and fiber. I still eat a fairly high fat diet compared with what's suggested on this site, but I am generally very low carb.

It's tougher when you have less to lose, especially if you're comfortable carrying the extra weight, as I am. I am very happy with my body at it's current state, so it's a little challenging to stay motivated for other reasons - better fitness, keeping weight down through upcoming pregnancies, and long term health benefits.
  • happyjack1976
    happyjack1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started at 178 in late March, I just hit 158. My goal is 145, but I may stop at 150, I'm feeling pretty good at my current weight.

I have no pictures unfortunately, I have steered clear of the camera!
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started at 172 ... am currently at 152 and working towards 135 (slowly!). I have a before pic in my profile, but no progress one yet - I was waiting to get to my goal! :happy:
  • amandawillard3551
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 183lbs.....sorry no pictures, yet. CW 158lbs and GW 140lbs, although I might try for about 133lbs. I've also dropped 2 dress sizes.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My highest was about 176, starting weight around 170, current weight in my profile pic is about 150. Aiming for 130, though. The weightloss is starting to slow down a lot more now that I'm halfway there, though. Good luck with your journey!
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I got serious after having my 3rd baby and delivering at 187. I dropped to 175 right after and within 3 months I was at 152 then dropped to 145 about 2 months after that. Then I found intense weight training and I fluctuate in the 150s now. I'm 5'9" and trying to find my race weight of about 150 now.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I started in the 205 # range and i am now 136. Im trying to lose the last 10 stubborn pounds but they seem to like me and dont want to budge. Im 5ft tall and have been at it for two years
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'', started at 183 and am now down to 144 with a goal weight of 135 or so.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I was at 160 in January 2013. Although I do remember stepping on a scale a month or two before then and the scale said 167.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    5'7 started at 183. Currently 144. Goal 135. Sorry, no pictures.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!