Female, 24, UK, 40lbs to lose - need friends

Options
Hi,

Title says it all really :)

I have yo-yo dieted for yeeeeears... at least a decade now (probably more) and my weight really crept up during uni. I got to 232 lbs which was my highest weight ever.

Since I graduated in June 2011, I have fluctuated between about 195 lbs and 215 lbs. I am at 212 lbs right now, and I want to lose another 40 lbs.

My goal weight for now is 168 lbs and I will see how I feel and look once I get there and then see if I want to lose anymore weight.

I am going to Magaluf in 7 weeks, and then I am Maid of Honour for my best friend's wedding in March 2015 so I figured that now would be a good time to start. Again.

I am a very seasoned dieter and I know exactly what I need to do to lose weight, it's just the discipline issue for me. I don't have an emotional attachment to food, I just really love the taste of sausage rolls and crisps and pizza and Chinese, and need to consume these things in moderation haha!

I don't want to be gaining and losing and gaining and losing weight for the rest of my life - just want to get down to a healthy weight and remain there!

If anyone would like to add me please do, I could really do with the supprt, and I would like to support others too.

Males and females of all ages, weights and heights are welcome and I don't mind whether you also live in the UK or not :)

Edited to add --
My profile pic shows me on the left at 232 lbs (my highest weight) and the right was last summer, not sure of my exact weight but I'm guessing I was around 200 lbs. I have it as inspiration to remind myself that I can lose weight and look good.

Replies

• MissDaisy01
    MissDaisy01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey!

I have the same issue as you where i know everything that i need to do correctly but really sturggling recently to keep motivated and keep on a clean eating plan
    I've actualyl decided to do the clean 9 detox to give myself a kick start (i know its no the ideal option and normally i would wanr people off it but i really need something to get me started!)
  • milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am also in the UK and am looking to lose 40lbs as well! It is always good to have another person with the same goals on the journey.

Best of luck!
    :smile:
  • lisaford8675
    Options
    Hello! I am struggling with the same thing as you! I just weighed myself this morning and am also 212 lbs. it's a little overwhelming to think how far I have to go but I have set my first small goal to 199. I just love food a little too much at times so this is going to be an exercise in self control. I am also from Canada where poutine is served in every restaurant lol. I am looking to find friends with similar goals as myself. I am going on vacation in February and would really love it if I could lose at least 30 lbs by then. I find it hard to stay motivated after a while.
  • 515513_May
    Options
    Hey!!! I am 35 and from the UK - I want to lose 30ish lbs! I have been on here before however I am really determined to stick to it this time so feel free to add - I also have an open diary to friends for ideas and tips!!!
  • LittleSmurfX
    Options
    I'm 21 from UK looking to lose around 60lbs (:
  • ClaireyDeexx
    ClaireyDeexx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started at a similar weight. Would love to be friends! :)
  • onlystavros
    Options
    24 and in the UK. Currently on 240lbs and need to lose 40. Let's be motivation friends....yay!!!!
  • ferniejoy
    ferniejoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Same place you are, but I'm 5'2 1/2" and 153 lbs. I would like to lose at least 30 lbs. Don't know how many stone that is.... I weigh one lb more than when I was 9 months pregnant for my kids. I am solid, so I still wear a size 8 US., but I should be about a 4 for my small bone structure.
  • fishngravy
    fishngravy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey yo-yo- is my middle name! im 43 getting ready for total joint hip replacement and just had a huge scare due to my weight, my bmi is so high and my liver is really taking the blunt of it, I just found out If I don't loose about 50lbs the fibrosis could lead into worse as we know. but I'm going to be strong. I am emotionally connected to food its hard. I love coke and sweets! but 12lbs down and more to come. so add me if you like. be positive enjoy this site! brenda:happy: :happy:
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Pretty much in the same boat here, up and down weight, master (ha) of all diets, about 50 lbs to lose, 12 lbs down so far. Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • judipatootie
    judipatootie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    im trying to lose 35-40. i never seem to be able to get past 160. and then i lose interest and start eating again. i gained over ten lbs between April and now. Im not from the UK (I used to live there) but friend me if you would like. I could use some motivation myself! :D
  • glc1990
    glc1990 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi guys, please send me a friend request if you haven't already and would like to be friends!
  • NattyT1234
    Options
    Hi,
    I also have about 40lbs to lose after giving birth 4 months ago, would love to add some friends for motivation :)
  • natalee8
    natalee8 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi, I'm 23 from the UK

4 ft 11

SW 154 lb
    CW 144lb
    GW 106lb

So I have 38 to go, was doing well but had a few personal problems and now struggling again (gained 3lb!)

Am happy to be friends with people with similar circumstances so feel free to add me - OP I will add you now :) x
  • LarkinWright
    Options
    I'm 18, FtN, from the UK. Feel free to add me - I'm new but can give support and solidarity.
  • littleredfrog
    Options
    Hi

I am looking to get down to the same weight and would be great to have some support also :) I also started a blog today don't know if this could be any use to you......It will be i my profile :)

Lets get to work :)

LittleRedFrog
  • Pinkblondie234
    Pinkblondie234 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the UK and looking to lose 40lbs! It's taken me many years to finally push but with about to go through fertility treatment I have a goal insight! Feel free to add me x
  • cherrygaldiet
    cherrygaldiet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK....i have more than 40lbs to lose. Ive been logging for 60+ days
    and have lost 21lbs so far. Add me :) happy to motivate and be motivated.
  • Winwin101
    Winwin101 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from London, 32 years old, 5"6.5 and 173 lbs at the moment. I need to lose 40lbs and after that I'll see how I feel and look before deciding on my next goal. I've decided to learn new healthier habits for life and end this yo-yo weight gain and loss and instead live a healthy balanced lifestyle I can maintain. Feel free to add me as I'm always looking for more friends so we can help motivate each other.

For anyone who is interested, there is a Jillian Michael's "Ripped in 30" workout DVD group starting on August 1st. This is a short 20-30min workout DVD that helps you to lose those stubborn inches all over your body! Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22726-jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-august-2014

Here is to success everyone:drinker: !
  • Colleenb_2012
    Options
    Hi I am from Ireland! Started off with 75 pounds to lose now down to 46! Always good to have friends in the same time zone add me :)