Wii Boxing... What a work out.

OH MY HEAVENS!!! For Christmas, our family got a Wii game console and also the Wii Sports game. I did 35 minutes of boxing last night and was ready to drop. What a work out. Some much so that after I rested for a few minutes I decided to go for a walk to keep up my momentum... I think I might incorporate the sparring into my workout....

OOOOOHHHH WHAT A FEELIN':laugh:

Replies

• OH MY HEAVENS!!! For Christmas, our family got a Wii game console and also the Wii Sports game. I did 35 minutes of boxing last night and was ready to drop. What a work out. Some much so that after I rested for a few minutes I decided to go for a walk to keep up my momentum... I think I might incorporate the sparring into my workout....

OOOOOHHHH WHAT A FEELIN':laugh:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    We got one too. It is a blast. Do you have Rayman. It's are real work out for the arms too.
    My husband and I play tennis together and have to move the furniture. We get too involved.
    Boxing is a great workout too. Do you do the practice mode and punch the bag?
    The Wii is endless fun!!!
  • I play the opponent and also do the training. It fun and I don't even notice that it's been 30 minutes. I think you get "games" that are also pilates and workouts. I'm totally looking into those.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Before buying game in the stores, go on line and have them downloaded into your Wii. My mother in law does it all the time. She says that it is a lot cheaper.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I can not TELL you how GLAD I am that someone came out with a video game that you have to GET UP AND MOVE FOR IT TO WORK! :happy:
    That ROCKS! I am hoping that this will at the VERY least aid in the childhood obesity epidemic we have right now. Now people can tell their children to go work out on their video games!
    --Diann...
    Oh and BTW this is what I keep telling you guys!
    Find something that you think of as FUN to work out to, And WATCH your body change right before your eyes!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    I also play Dance Dance Revolution with the Xbox or Playstation. It's great and they actually have a workout mode where you input your weight and it tells you how many calories you burned.
  • luckystars424
    luckystars424 Posts: 23 Member
    Dance Dance is a total workout. I really think all WII games are calorie burners. Except the mario one i played where you just used the remote like a regular nintendo controller but most of them use quite a bit of movement. tennis and rayman are personal favs.
  • think I'm going to look into Dance Dance... Thanks