New to MFP

Options
Just joined MFP today, I am 23 yrs old, currently in school pursuing a psychology degree. Between the stress of that and working, the pounds have crept up on me. I would love to meet new people to help motivate myself to maintain goals. :)

Replies

• bbeeeezznneeeezz
    Options
    Hi! I just joined as well. I am also in school, going into my second year of law. Such a challenge, isn't it? I gained 30 pounds by living on lattes and muffins during my first year, and though it resulted in instant gratification it did nothing to help me concentrate better or to keep the pounds off. Sigh...

Good luck. We'll get there!!
  • FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the jungle of MFP . There are some very knowledgeable people here and there are some trolls. I hope you find what your looking for and reach your goals.
  • tidwellcas
    Options
    I'm new today as well! It's crazy how those pounds creep up. I am definitely a stress eater/drinker. I have about 35 pounds I would like to lose. Good luck to you!
  • lisa777cat
    lisa777cat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hello today is day 2 of mfp. i am working out very strenuously at a kickboxing gym and am really serious about losing 75 pounds but I know it's going to take time. i would love some mfp friends to help support me and to give support also.

a problem i see i am already having is my cals for the day is 1610 and i am having a hard time thinking of ways to at so many calories. it just seems to be a lot of eating to me which is, a wonder for me because since i am so overweight i don't eat this much.

anyway hello everyone and if you'd like, please add me as a friend.

thanks, Lisa
  • lovehealthbeauty90
    Options
    Me too :) I am trying to cut back my drinking on the weekends to maybe one night and skipping my afterwork glass of wine. Can't wait to see results. Does anyone else feel like their metabolism as slowed down after having a child?
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    Add me for Motivation & support
  • bbeeeezznneeeezz
    Options
    Oh absolutely! I have had more than 1, and I was just lamenting that maybe it's metabolism. .....Or in my case maybeit's just my love of cake (the youngest just had a b-day party). I indulged. That, and cleaning up everyone's leftovers is the kiss of death for my weight :)
  • missladyj631
    missladyj631 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I started almost 3 months ago and am addicted to this!! Motivating each other is a huge part of it!! Feel free to add me :)
  • lovehealthbeauty90
    Options
    Oh absolutely! I have had more than 1, and I was just lamenting that maybe it's metabolism. .....Or in my case maybeit's just my love of cake (the youngest just had a b-day party). I indulged. That, and cleaning up everyone's leftovers is the kiss of death for my weight :)
    ahahahah @leftovers, I completely agree. You feel bad for throwing it away and so you eat it and that goes straight to your calorie intake.