How do celebs lose weight so fast but look so good?

Options
I'm talking Mark Wahlberg, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale, 50 cent, Mila Kunis, Anne Hathaway and the list goes on. These people lose scores of pounds in a few weeks for a role and still look radiant.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Photoshop :D
  • BoatsnHose
    BoatsnHose Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    cocaine, adderal, and other amphetamines for a lot of them.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    very expensive personal trainers/nutritionists, and the a good hair/makeup person to hide any paleness/etc. Photoshop for the icing on the cake
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    They don't lose weight in a few weeks for roles. Filmmaking is a long process, there's quite a bit of time between getting a role, filming, and when a film is released. Not to mention personal chefs, personal trainers, personal assistants, agents - entire teams of people whose job it is to keep that person on track. As for looking radiant, that's due to stylists, make-up artists, hair stylists, photographers, and photoshop.
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    HGH. Human Growth Hormone. That- and expensive trainers/nutritionists/chefs.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Have you seen any candids of those women without makeup or anything? Makes me feel a helluva lot better about myself let me tell you.

They look good because they spend 8 hours of their day preparing to look a certain way.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Have you seen any candids of those women without makeup or anything? Makes me feel a helluva lot better about myself let me tell you.

They look good because they spend 8 hours of their day preparing to look a certain way.

HAHAHA so true, some of them are horrendous looking when not made up.

As for the OP pretty much what everyone else has said, trainers, chefs, etc.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm talking Mark Wahlberg, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale, 50 cent, Mila Kunis, Anne Hathaway and the list goes on. These people lose scores of pounds in a few weeks for a role and still look radiant.

In the case of Natalie Portman for Black Swan and Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables, insane crash dieting. Both of them talked about it in interviews.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Professional chefs, trainers, and in some cases certain 'supplements'.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    They don't lose weight in a few weeks for roles. Filmmaking is a long process, there's quite a bit of time between getting a role, filming, and when a film is released. Not to mention personal chefs, personal trainers, personal assistants, agents - entire teams of people whose job it is to keep that person on track. As for looking radiant, that's due to stylists, make-up artists, hair stylists, photographers, and photoshop.

Yes - agree. It's of course a lot of photoshop and makeup and lighting, etc. But, filmmaking IS a long process and we "forget" about celebs when we don't see them regularly, so they stay under the radar during their transformation and then when they are ready to reappear they make sure the media is well aware. That's how they promote the films, too.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    They have tons of money. They can afford personal trainers and personal chefs.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Trainers and it is their job that they can dedicate ALL their time to achieve.
    Would you risk losing a starring role if you failed to achieve what was needed?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

because it is their job.

Better believe that if I was offered millions of dollars to change my body while being given all the time and resources necessary in which to do so that I would have no issue with that.

Also when they are in their role and strip their shirt off you better believe there were a whole team of makeup artists behind the scenes to etch and shadow and countour each muscle to make it look even larger and more defined. They are playing a role.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Makeup, lighting, choice of clothing and video editing mostly, though I'm sure some of them actually use trainers to maintain muscle while they lose weight. I read an article about celebs having muscle definition air brushed right onto their skin.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well if someone paid you millions to lose a lot of weight, supplied you with all the personal trainers/dieticians/chefs you could need, and gave you someone to spend hours on you making you look good for the camera, i don't think it would be very hard at all.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Photoshop is key for some, but there are celebs who look great through diet and exercise and the use of supplements.

Also remember, it's these people's entire existence to look the way they do, they don't have a career otherwise. They have to maintain strict diets and work with personal trainers constantly to achieve those looks. Filming a movie is only part of it, their real 9-5 is strict dieting and working with personal trainers.

How would you look if your 9-5 was waking up everyday, only eating what your personal chef prepares and working out all day? You'd look amazing too.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Highly-paid trainers, skin treatments, good makeup jobs and of course Photoshop.

Stop comparing yourself to celebrities. They're not real. Everything about the photos you see is staged, airbrushed, perfectly lit, and doctored all to hell. It's not reality.

<---- to further the point, this picture is not even reality. Yes it is me, but if you think I look like this 24/7...well :laugh: :laugh: NO.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    fad diets, personal trainers coming to their house or work, personal chefs.

I read somewhere that Jessica Alba wore double corsets after giving birth for 6 months.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Stop comparing yourself to celebrities. They're not real. Everything about the photos you see is staged, airbrushed, perfectly lit, and doctored all to hell. It's not reality.

^^^ This ^^^
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Highly-paid trainers, skin treatments, good makeup jobs and of course Photoshop.

<---- to further the point, this picture is not even reality. Yes it is me, but if you think I look like this 24/7...well :laugh: :laugh: NO.

That's a shame because if you carried that chain around your neck 24/7 I bet you'd get a ton of respect.