Protein Bar Recommendations

Options
Hey everyone! I like to eat 3 meals and 2ish snacks a day. With that being said I am looking for protein bar recommendations with around 150 calories ( not really a meal replacement). So far I have tried Quest Cookie and Cream bars and Luna S'mores Bars. Thanks for your input!

Replies

• ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    While I really like all the Quest bars, they are too spendy. My favorite is the Balance Bar, but only one flavor! Chocolate mint cookie crunch! It tastes just like a thinmint girlscout cookie, I swear it.
  • megan116xo
    megan116xo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with the quest bars being expensive! That sounds good!! I will need to try. thanks :)
  • newnotnew
    newnotnew Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How about making your own? Jamie Eason on Body Building has some good ones.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

I was going to suggest DIY as well. The Oh She Glows blog has some good recipes for bars and balls similar to Luna bars. I add a scoop or two of protein powder when I make them for an estra boost. The chocolate cherry and cookie dough ones are both really yummy.
  • idydi
    idydi Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the Quest bars but they work out to about $2.25 per bar when bought in bulk.
    Costco's Pure Protein Bars have 30 proteins, 1-2 sugars and are about 160-180 cal.
    A box of 24 is around $16.00 or 17.00 so about .70 cents per bar....they are pretty
    good and stocking up is always easy at Costco. Their protein drinks are really good
    too.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    While I really like all the Quest bars, they are too spendy. My favorite is the Balance Bar, but only one flavor! Chocolate mint cookie crunch! It tastes just like a thinmint girlscout cookie, I swear it.

Never heard that before lol.

I recommend chicken breast
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Clif bars. I buy the 240/250 calorie bars, but we've gotten smaller bars for the kids. I love just about all of the flavors, especially the blueberry.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Target has some "Pure Protein" bars. They're 200 calories but 20g of protein. I like 'em. *shrug*
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Clif bars. I buy the 240/250 calorie bars, but we've gotten smaller bars for the kids. I love just about all of the flavors, especially the blueberry.

Clif bars are far from protein bars unless you're talking about the Clif Builder's Bars. Clif bars are pretty much all carbs.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Met-RX are pretty good, and really in high in protein, which I like. The only problem is the cost, and their cal count is high so it's closer to a meal replacement bar than a protein supplement bar.
  • megan116xo
    megan116xo Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I was going to suggest DIY as well. The Oh She Glows blog has some good recipes for bars and balls similar to Luna bars. I add a scoop or two of protein powder when I make them for an estra boost. The chocolate cherry and cookie dough ones are both really yummy.

I hadn't thought about that! Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely look into this!!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Quest, hands down :)
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Health warrior chia seed bars (100 calories) and Think Thin Lean Protein and Fiber bars (150 calories).

I really like Think Thin's Salted Caramel, Cinnamon Bun, and Chocolate Almond Brownie bars.

Health Warrior's Chocolate PB, Coconut, and Dark Chocolate Cherry are good, too.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Costco Pure Protein bars are delicious but never eat two in one day. Your bowels will never forgive you.

I think KIND's bars are high in protein. They're so yummy. A little pricy though.

Fiber one has delicious protein bars. They taste like candy bars.
  • rachelilly
    rachelilly Posts: 62
    Options
    I really like a lot of the luna ones, but the ones I like aren't the "protein" ones. I love nutz over chocolate. I also eat the carrot cake, iced cinnamon raisin, and peanut butter cookie ones. I started eating the caramel nut brownie ones but they're probably my least fav now.
  • derik999
    derik999 Posts: 73
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bars, nothing better.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. Nothing comes close to their protein and FIBRE content. 17g of fibre in one bar... epic!
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The Zone bars are pretty good. The 'Greek Yogurt Vanilla Berry' flavor is 180 cal & 12g protein.
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like the Simply Protein bars. My favorites are the maple pecan and the coconut lemon flavors.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars are awesome