Cauliflower Rice

Options
I have had my first taste tonight instead of spaghetti with bolognaise.Not the same but surprisingly good and saves loads of calories and carbs.Does anyone else have similar ideas like this or other ways to use it?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Google " cauliflower mashed potatoes"
  • jfeh
    jfeh Posts: 30
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    these threads...fml
  • newnotnew
    newnotnew Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Christmas Tree Cakes.
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tried some cauliflower 'fried rice' that someone else made, and it's one of our favorite dinners now. We'll usually add chicken and more veggies like broccoli, green beans, carrots, or onion.

Don't knock cauliflower substitutions. It's got less than 1/4 of the caloric load of rice, which lets me make a much tastier, filling, and nutritionally rounded dinner than "Just eat the stupid rice, jeez!"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower with feta and garlic. YUM.

ignore the naysayers. cauliflower is delicious and nutritious and if that's how YOU decide to cut calories, GO FOR IT.
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I loved the 'fried' cauliflower rice I made recently.it was family approved, too :-) Can't wait to make mashed cauliflower :-)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I loved the 'fried' cauliflower rice I made recently.it was family approved, too :-) Can't wait to make mashed cauliflower :-)
    Fabulous idea.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    There's a squash called sphagetti squash which we sometimes use to substitute for pasta