LGBT, Pagan, Gamers, Geeks?

Options

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Fellow pagan and game player here ( when i get the chance with four kids) and awaiting something decent for the PS4 although have been toying with WOW again .
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am straight and divorced, think everyone should be able to love who they love with no judgement from anyone, love to read, can get into games on the comp, feel free to add me any of you!
  • maireailbhe
    maireailbhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm not Pagan, but I'm all those other things, and I welcome new friends...so feel free to add me! :D
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    what about people who just want to lose weight and be healthy? Isnt that the common grounds to bring us together on MFP? Why do I have to be gay or geeky to be your friend?

I don't believe she's excluding other people. She says looking for some MORE friends that she can RELATE to.
    Just looking for some more friends to support and be supported by and I would love to meet some people I can relate to.

It's cool to have all different types of friends on MFP, but it would also be nice to have some who have common interests other than just fitness/health/weight. Personally, I have very few MFP friends that I chat with about anything other than MFP, food, and weight. It would be nice to have something else that I can relate to people about. I don't know about you, but it sure gets old only ever talking about my weight and related goals.
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    hello! I'm genderqueer, love to read, pretty geeky, not into video games but hey. I'm always looking for other like minded people on here.
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So, you're intolerant against those that are intolerant? Sounds legit.

oh did she say she didn't want other people to talk to her? beacuse I didn't read that. There is nothing wrong with looking for people who have common lifestyles who you will click better with.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    but that is what we have IRL friends for? My IRL friends get tired of me talking about it, hence my journey to MFP???

Sure, that's what IRL friends are for. It doesn't mean that I don't also enjoy meeting people online. You can choose to only use MFP for MFP related discussion, others may choose to use it for something more personal. People who have nothing in common with me liking my status doesn't really feel like much of anything, but if I know them on a more personal level, it matters more to me. To each their own, but I maintain my stance that OP never said she would refuse other people as friends.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just looking for some more friends to support and be supported by and I would love to meet some people I can relate to. So anyone LGBT, Pagan, or loves things like video gaming, roleplaying and art/music? Books? Loose-leaf tea? Geeky folks?

LGBT - straight and married, but am a Gestational Surrogate for a fantastic gay couple and am currently carrying their second child - I carried their first too - does this count? lol
    Pagan - No, atheist all the way - though I like some of the thought processes of Pagan beliefs.
    Video Games - My husband and 2 boys LOVE gaming, though I prefer Tower Defense Games
    Roleplaying - We get dressed up our local Comic Con....though my belly is too big this year to attend :(
    Art/Music - Unfortunately I am not gifted in any of the arts.
    Books - YES PLEASE!!! Currently reading (and highlighting for my husband so he can go through all the key points later) Richard Dawkins The God Delusion. But usually prefer historical fantastic and some Sci-Fi
    Loose Leaf Tea - I haven't acquired a taste for tea, but my husband is IN LOVE with all things tea.
    Geeky - I wouldn't classify myself as such, I'm more of the type that can usually fit into most groups - though I stay far away from woe is me; the world revolves around only me; I don't have opinions of my own; my religion is the ONLY religion; you MUST believe what I believe; I hate EVERYONE who doesn't hate what I hate,......oh wait, I've just cut myself off from most of the people from the planet.....oh well, the ones that are left are fantastic!!!!!!!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Some people may want to talk about their decreased/increased mass and Battlestar Galactica. At the same time. With the same people.

There are many converstions and groups you can join if this one doesn't interest you. You could join the brewer's group and complain it is too hop-centric. Or maybe even start an ice skating group on here, and make many posts about how you don't ice skate, because people who talk about things you aren't interested in (or perhaps have conversations that don't involve you) make you sick.
  • aaamberxx
    aaamberxx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    All of the above!! Hello :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I am literally the complete opposite of every single one of those things... we'd either hate each other or be a perfect yin and yang. :laugh:
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hai! ^_^ I was actually hoping to find a few more friends with common interests as well so this is perfect! I'm bi and I spend a lot of my time gaming, reading and watching anime and stuff so I suppose that is geeky? ^^ I used to role play a lot online and once I'm at goal weight I plan on doing a lot of cosplaying too. I play the flute and sax (well haven't for a while though..) and i love to draw. I read up on a lot of info on pagan and wiccan beliefs and did some solo practicing but it kinda died out since my sources for info were very limited =/

hmm what else did you mention? I like tea but I'll be honest I usually just buy it pre-made :laugh: and I think that's it :D anyone can add me if they want :flowerforyou:
  • arshness
    arshness Posts: 60
    Options
    what about people who just want to lose weight and be healthy? Isnt that the common grounds to bring us together on MFP? Why do I have to be gay or geeky to be your friend?

Because I'd rather make friends than awkward acquaintances with whom I share no interests except that we both want to lose weight. I'd rather be able to say things about the important stuff in my life and have others be able to relate. I'd rather read posts from people who have similarities I can relate to. There's nothing wrong with making friends because you both just want to lose weight, but when there's literally thousands of people on the site, why does narrowing it down to people I have EVEN MORE in common with not make sense? To me it does.
    And you don't have to be gay or geeky to be my friend. See above where people replied who were not gay, or who were Christian but non-judgemental and I said "Great, let's be friends". But posting this preference helped to bring the people who I'd probably be able to be friends with out in the open. Because if they're not gay or pagan, they're at least someone who won't hate me for being gay and pagan.

That said I'm not really going to defend my preference to making friends... if you don't agree that's okay. Make friends however you want. :)
  • arshness
    arshness Posts: 60
    Options
    If I didn't add you, feel free to add me. I am not sure if I got everyone. Many people sent requests so I accepted them.
    Glad to meet ya all!
  • mdavis0621
    mdavis0621 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LGBT, Pegan, Gamer Geek, yeah me too :)
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm the L in LGBT(QIA+) (my lady is on here too but not active right now), not exactly Pagan (maybe a little) but I love and am fascinated by Paganism (long story), gamer in my own mind but not a very good one (and I want to replay AC3 but can't)... and I am definitely a geek to the core.

I love art, music, books, tea... cat lady (I have my own and I foster cats/kittens and puppies/dogs)... I ramble a lot... and on and on.

I have a bunch of sage incense sticks, but I need to go get an sage smudge stick for my room. I've had really weird dreams lately, and felt an unsettling energy, and I want to cleanse my room, my family's home, and myself, of all of it. (My little sister also makes AMAZING dream catchers... I need to commission one from her. The small one I got in Big Bear isn't doing its job.)

I'm Bonnie. *wave* I am a very nice, sensitive person, and I love making new friends.(.. but I don't like the term "alternative lifestyle". It has an untrue meaning/implication.)

Potential friends make me nervous. People make me nervous. I'm a mess. :cry:

Me too, @F00LofaT00K.

Anyone can add me, just send a message when you do. Let me know about yourself and where you found me. (I have friend requests I am nervous to approve because of the no-message thing.)