Bad day?

Options
So recently my eating habits are deteriorating; though not to the point where I am eating unhealthy food.

I started the day with a bowl (about 100g) of Shreddies and 2 tsp of sugar to add flavor, with about 150ml of semi skimmed milk.

For lunch I had some leftovers (small portion) from last nights Carbonara (made up of wholemeal spaghetti with a premade sauce, with added bacon and ham - no fat on the bacon.)

As a snack a few hours later I had around 70g of Frosties (cereal) with no milk.....I'm sure that wasn't the best idea of a snack.

Then I went for a 15 minute run....though I ran on an angled field and I haven't run on a field for a LONG time and I had to stop because I felt sick from drinking so much water in the process.

And for dinner I had half a steak pie with a few fries and some peas.

Just now I felt a little peckish so had about 4 small cuts of a wholemeal granary baguette with a little bit of Clover butter on each.

Now I plan on doing some weight training....

Would you say today has been a bad day? I haven't logged anything today as I forgot so I'm pretty unsure.

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    So log it now.
  • jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    So log it now.

I never logged yesterdays Carbonara either, so I doubt the results will be as accurate as I'd like them to be.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Would you say today has been a bad day? I haven't logged anything today as I forgot so I'm pretty unsure.

1. log it now. see where it comes in based on your macros.

2. maybe it's just me, but it seems like there have been a lot of "is this bad?" posts lately. without knowing you, your goals, your chosen diet plan, that's not a question we can answer. the only "bad" food is food that's expired, toxic, or that will otherwise do immediate harm to you. i can't judge your diet because i'm looking at it through the eyes of my own diet. so while i wouldn't have eaten anything that you did (except the water), i'm not in a place to call what you ate today "bad".

if you think you overdid it, then you did. you're the only one who can judge. if you're over your limits on MFP, that's on you. the only thing you can do is move on and make your goal for tomorrow to be to eat better and stay on plan.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I agree, there is no way for us to say. How many calories are in your carbonara or steak pie? How many calories did you burn while running and how many will you burn weight training? You're going to have to log all of that to the best of your ability to find out for yourself.

Plus, now that you've eaten it, it's kind of too late to take it back right? Maybe just chalk today and yesterday up as diet breaks and start back with logging tomorrow...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many calories that was.
  • sjaplo
    Options
    So log it now.

I never logged yesterdays Carbonara either, so I doubt the results will be as accurate as I'd like them to be.

Sooooo you're too lazy to use the tool as it was intended, so you think we should take the time to offer an opinion on your intake?

Nah - better things to do.
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    So log it now.

Sooooo you're too lazy to use the tool as it was intended, so you think we should take the time to offer an opinion on your intake?

Wow...this one bites.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Starting the day with cereal and sugar added to it doesn't seem like a good day to me.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    So log it now.

Wow...this one bites.

If you aren't going to use the tools.....
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    So log it now.

Wow...this one bites.

I haven't used them in two days, it's not like I've abandoned it completely. All I asked for was a little advice, I'm just glad there's more helpful and nice people on here than snappy and rude.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt say it was the worst day, alot of carbs though
    add more protein/fruit and veg to your diet :) youll be fuller for longer
    also maybe try oatmeal for breakfast and add fruit/peanut butter !
  • sjaplo
    Options
    So log it now.

Wow...this one bites.

I haven't used them in two days, it's not like I've abandoned it completely. All I asked for was a little advice, I'm just glad there's more helpful and nice people on here than snappy and rude.

Just because you didn't like my answer doesn't make me snappy and rude. You started a whiny post - to which you probably already knew the answer. I gave you a viable solution in order to guage whether you were indeed having a "bad" day and you continued to procrastinate. My response to you was the same as it would be to either of my three children or my employees.

If you're not willing to help yourself - why should I help you?