How often do you weigh in?

Options
2»

Replies

• soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day until I find a day I like.

Only do that if you can abide by the rule of not letting the scale dictate how you eat.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Heads up with daily weigh ins - can become obsessive and many tend to let it rule their mood!:grumble:

I weigh in weekly or 2x a week.

:-)
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i weigh in on my wii every day when i wake up, in the group i joind we weigh in in fridays and i up date here randomly
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My hubby is recovering from open heart surgery and he weighs every morning. We also do pulse, heart rate and blood oxygen levels twice a day.

The weigh in is to guard against a sudden and unexplained weight gain which would indicate he is retaining water (a symptom of heart failure). The fluctuations you see when you weigh every day are generally an increase/decrease of fluid in your body. Try eating something (once) with a high sodium content and then weighing the next day. I can almost guarantee that you'll see a gain. Doesn't mean you've actually gained body fat - just that your body is retaining more fluid.

In the long run I don't think it's important if you weigh yourself once a day, twice a day, once a week or once a month - it's what you're doing between the weigh ins that's important. Trust me when I tell you that you don't want to EVER be in the position my husband was eight weeks ago. He was flat-lined (twice) before going up to surgery. Flat-lined basically means dead.
  • Nargistsheikh
    Options
    Hi,You have lost 50 lbs .That is awesome.Tell me you did it.
    Thanks
  • CupCaque
    Options
    I just started yesterday and I was tempted to weigh in today, but the number on the scale was the same so I decided I will do it once a week but weigh myself at home everyother day.
  • rrand85
    Options
    Every Saturday in the morning, Just because everyday would probably bring me down with wieght going up and down! So many things can change our wieght from day to day- water, TOM, muscle At the end of the week I can see what my hard work has done.
    I know people that only do it once a month! :)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I weigh every month, everyday/everyweek would be too tough on my mind!....
  • cbbecky
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I will try weighing in daily first thing in the morning, and see how it goes. If it starts to get me down from normal fluctuations, I might reconsider. If I'm sticking to my nutrition goals and exercise, then I should be proud of myself regardless of what the scale might say.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every time I use my Wii Fit, which varies according to what our day looks like and sometimes I use it more than others. But the only time I "count" it is once a week, on Tuesdays. On those days, I hop on at the same time of day, wearing the same outfit. If I work out with the Wii on another day, it makes me weigh in before I can play, but I don't log it or pay much attention to it.
  • Kendyl10
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. In the mornings, after my workout, before my shower (so my hair isn't full of water). I also log it every day, because that is the habit I got in when I did the initial weight loss stuff. I try not to let the fluctuation get to me, because at first, I totally let the scale run my diet. That is why I started counting the calories, and paying attention to that, not just the # on the scale