Had a bad day

Options
I made some really poor choices for food yesterday - ugh.... I know that I just have to "move on", but its just so frustrating to have a setback. Usually, this is the time I say "forget it", and eat what I want, but I need to do this for me, and for my family...

any advise, encouragement out there?

Sara

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Just chalk it up to not being perfect and then do your best to make good choices today. Don't let it get you down. Rome wasn't built in a day they say. :)
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    Yes. Stop being so hard on yourself. You had a bad day, now get back on track. Now. This minute. :smile:
  • EmilysMommy
    EmilysMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days. just wipe the slate clean and start again tomorrow.
  • MammaEllis
    Options
    Is one bad day worth throwing away several good days???? NOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, its going to happen, its called life. Dont even think back on yesterday, focus on today and tomorrow! You will feel so much better !

Best wishes to you on this journey... its not a diet, but a life style! :)

830631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new journey. You have your long-term goals, but those won't be derailed by one off day. So start fresh now and say that today, you are going to stick to your daily goals. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow doesn't exist yet -- just do the best you can TODAY!
  • lfaulkner29
    Options
    I actually give myself one day a month when I just eat whatever I want. It always means gaining some weight but I have noticed that it helps me to stay on track the rest of the month. Plus during this time I eat everything I am craving, and usually it makes me feel kindof sick, and then I dont crave it anymore!
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    Look at the weight you've already lost and remember how you felt when you lost that weight. Go for a run and when you feel like quitting push yourself to sprint or keep going for one more minute and one more minute etc. you wil feel amazing after knowing you pushed your limits.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I had a very bad day last Saturday, I overate like nobodys business! I didn't beat myself up over it and I vowed to kick it back into high gear on Sunday, which I did. It's all a learning process and it's going to take a few trials and errors to get it down right. Your not alone, we all have our bad days but you just need to forgot about it and move on, you may gain a temporary pound or two but don''t weigh yourself! It will come back off when you get back on track. Some days are just harder than others but it's not the end of the world. Just get back on the wagon and keep moving forward, you can do this. Don't let it get to you because if you do, your gonna say the hell with it and you have come to far to throw it all out the window. Just keep signing in everyday and get refocused, we are all here for support and I know that everyday I need all the support and motivation I can get, especially with exercise as I hate to do it. Good luck friend! You got this!
    Denise
  • dachsiehaven
    dachsiehaven Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I had a bad week. I couldn't stay on course for anything. Finally it passed and I picked myself up where I had left off and got back on program. On this journey I've had bad days, bad weeks and heck even bad months but I am making progress by not giving in to it and allowing it the power of failure. The one thing I have learned over the 18 mo I've been reforming myself is what I did yesterday doesn't matter, it's over and done with and can't be changed....it's what I do today and tomorrow that is important because I am still in control of that.
  • sarawilkison
    sarawilkison Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all!

I'm doing better tonight...thanks for "talking me down" :-)
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    take a walk. it'll kill calories, time away from the fridge and let you concentrate on you. After all that's who matters right now