What are good jean brands for curvy/hippy girls?

Options
So as part of a treat to myself for finishing Insanity at the end of this month, I want to buy myself a new pair of skinny jeans. The only skinny jean I own is from Old Navy, and they are tight around my calves. I love Maurice's jeans, but my favorite cut only comes in bootcut...

I'm sitting around a size 8 in my waist, but 10/12 in the hips, so I need a brand that is good for hippy girls haha

Advice needed!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you buy Old navy sweet heart jeans those are good...

I love silver jeans and I have a butt...and am curvy

Each brand of jean typically comes with different cuts...I currently have AE skinny on that have some stretch...fit great..a bit snug on thighs but eh...it's all good.
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the name of the brand for the life of me, but I found a pair of skinny jeans at Macy's that actually fit around my calves without cutting off the circulation. I have large thighs and calves with a smaller waist, so I have had a really hard time finding any skinny jeans that look decent. This may or may not help!
  • sammer825
    sammer825 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i work for maurices! try the new ellie's theyre a straight cut, not super skinny but they are very relaxed in the hips and thighs, i even had to go down a size!
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a big *kitten* in comparison to my waist; squats have rounded out my booty pretty good. I like to wear Levis Silvers but I live in a small town and the selection is small so I get stuck with the same jeans every time, it seems from Maurices. I have found, however that the Miss Me brand of jeans fits my booty well. The thighs are a bit snug but I also have bigger than normal thighs (thanks squats). Revolution jeans claim to be for curvy women but I have yet to try any. Check out the images on line. I may give these a try. :smile:
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the name of the brand for the life of me, but I found a pair of skinny jeans at Macy's that actually fit around my calves without cutting off the circulation. I have large thighs and calves with a smaller waist, so I have had a really hard time finding any skinny jeans that look decent. This may or may not help!
    If you think of the brand will you please post it? Thanks! Di
  • plethorax
    plethorax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have some Levi's 529 curvy fit straight leg jeans that are my absolute favorite, speaking as a pear.
  • dearkrissy
    dearkrissy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like skinny jeans from target. Mossimo. I've sworn by them for years. Though I'm hoping my levi ' s fit again come Christmas.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Target curvy fit, whatever number that is.

Levi's 515 for straight legged.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have a 28/29 in waist and 42 inch hips so I understand what you mean by curvy. I just bought a pair of Paige jeans in a 29 and they have lost of room for the bum. They're a little stretchy but not so much that you can see what kinda junk is happening inside. Joe's jeans are very roomy as well.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered NYDJ, I have a 26" waist and 41" hips with thick thighs and calves and find them to be really comfortable although a bit pricey but they do go on sale. I also found that the Petites fit much better though still too long so that might also be an option depending on how tall you are.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    APPLE BOTTOM JEANS!
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I really like a pair by American Eagle that I have. They are a superstretch fabric that molds itself to your body. Super comfy.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    2nd vote for Joe's Jeans here. Pricey but worth it!
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I think pricey is the way to go honestly. They're jeans. You can literally buy one pair and keep them forever. Especially if you've reached your goal weight, treat yourself! Also you can get designer jeans at stores like Century 21 for like 50 percent off.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Head to your nearest store that sells designer clothes at discounted prices. Start trying on all that you like till you find the brand that works for you. The only way to find out is to get out there, and try the stuff on. The added bonus to shopping is it keeps you away from the fridge and discourages drive-thru eating when you find that outfit you just have to have. #:smile: You got this
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    NYDJ jeans (not your daughters jeans)! I love them! You can get them at Macy's, Dillard's, nordstroms. I am sure they are in a lot of places but that is where I find them. There are different types but I have been very happy with them.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered NYDJ, I have a 26" waist and 41" hips with thick thighs and calves and find them to be really comfortable although a bit pricey but they do go on sale. I also found that the Petites fit much better though still too long so that might also be an option depending on how tall you are.
    This! I have capris, jeans, and cords by NYDJ. They are so comfortable!
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for NYDJ. So flattering, and so comfy. 6pm always has a bunch on sale, and I've scored a few from ruelala (http://www.ruelala.com/invite/srabon06 ).
  • indunna
    indunna Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Koofers
    Koofers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    DENIZEN at Target - They always fit me perfectly, no matter what my size! Stretchy and SUPER comfy!!!! I definitely recommend you try a pair! I have lipedema too so my calves are always enormous and I never have a problem fitting into them. They're only around $30, so kind of pricy (in my opinion) but it could be worse. Definitely worth it!