embarrassing question for the ladies!

Options
Ok.....so I know the boys are going to look too! Uhggg.....This is so embarrassing!

I am the matron of honor for my nieces wedding in August. I have the dress, shoes etc.

I am sooo proud of myself for the weight I have shed (my journey started long before she asked me to be her MOH) I am becoming more confident in my skin... with that said...I have issues!

The dress has a high waist which is accentuated with a beautiful white sash that hits right at my jelly belly.

I tried a $98 spanx slip that seems to only make my jelly belly more round!

So here is my question: Has anyone ever worn a girdle?! If so do you think that would work better? Any brands that you would recommend?

I know that everyone will have their eyes on the beautiful bride and could care less that my jelly belly is showing but I don't want to be uncomfortable all day or MOST importantly ruin her pictures!

HELP!

Replies

• amysgottadothisthang
    amysgottadothisthang Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you don't want to put your business out there...please feel free to send me a private message!:laugh:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Get a steel boned corset & lace up!
    I've used one in the past & there is NO substitute for steel bones. That plastic crap that you find at Macy's just doesn't cut it.
    Try online or if you're lucky enough to have a corsetry near to you, go get fitted.
    You won't regret it :drinker:
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Thank you hookilau!
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    Get a steel boned corset & lace up!
    I've used one in the past & there is NO substitute for steel bones. That plastic crap that you find at Macy's just doesn't cut it.
    Try online or if you're lucky enough to have a corsetry near to you, go get fitted.
    You won't regret it :drinker:

This. Plastic corsets will bend and shift, and by the end of the day you'll look not just round but round with weird bumps.
  • hookilau
    Options
    You're totally welcome. They are not like regular shape wear & when I *did* wear one, my rubenesque tummy went from rounded to flat. It doesn't squish your tummy up or down, just innnnn :wink:

I paid about 60$ for a little satin under bust number from orchardcorset.com
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Perhaps pick it up before hand and try it out before the day too. It would really suck to find out during the wedding that it's poking you in all the wrong places. Most importantly, have fun. :bigsmile:
  • hookilau
    Options
    Perhaps pick it up before hand and try it out before the day too. It would really suck to find out during the wedding that it's poking you in all the wrong places. Most importantly, have fun. :bigsmile:

Most definitely. Wear it about the house & get used to the way you move in it. I ended up doing what looked like a 'bunny dip' when I tried to bend at the waist. This does NOT happen. You bend at the hips (provided the corset stops at the illiac crest). Here's a good youtube beginner vid to get you started. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhu57Ul3ZQg&list=PLC6B380E5D1D41A14

mayfair-club-bunny-girls-1960s1.png
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!!!!:flowerforyou: