Target Women's Gear

Options
So I have a Target gift card and I want to treat myself to some new exercise gear. I'm doing strong lifts and C25k - but I have no idea what fabrics/styles are best for those workouts. Ideally I'd like some clothes for outdoor cold weather running in the winter.

Does anyone have suggestions for specific Target products or clothes/gear they really like?

Thanks!

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I buy the Champion diffusion line sold there. I have one pair of compression shorts I just got on clearance (so sad: wanted many pairs). I also have several pairs of Champion cotton pants/capris. One pair is really warm.

I have mossimo stretchy flair yoga pants with a fold over top. These are NOT good for running. All of mine are very hole-y at the seams. They're cheap though. I wear them around the house and to lift in my basement.

I wear Hanes athletic socks from target. Uhm. Pretty standard cotton socks.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The same principles apply for colder weather ... moisture wicking, no or flat seams, just think in layers if you're prepping for colder weather. Champion makes the necessary layers to include the wind/water resistant outer shells that come in handy as fall and winter roll in.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Any of the champion C9 running gear should work for you - it's moisture (sweat) wicking, flat seams, all that jazz. For winter, it's all about layers! Getting some basic staples, like tights, a t-shirt, and a long sleeve pullover should help. Gloves and a hat are also must haves for me for winter running. For REALLY cold weather, I personally find that as long as your base layers (the layers against the skin) are moisture wicking you don't need a fancy jacket - a regular fleece, or windbreaker, or whatever usually does just fine.
  • hoffmanchristina
    hoffmanchristina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love the champion c9 gear. Their sport bras are great. I love their socks. I constantly wear holes in my socks. C9 socks are thicker on the bottom to pull moisture away. I've had them over a year and not a single hole. I have long socks for winter and low cut for the summer. I also love their long sleeve shirts and the ones with fleece lining. They kept me warmer them any thermals or turtle necks could and the wick away drying effect was incredible for shoveling the record snow fall in Michigan. For the summer, I didn't like their running t shirts because I thought they were too tight especially around the neck. I like loose clothing in the summer, like ribbed tank tops. But they do make excellent sport tops with the bras built in that were perfect. Target is a good place to shop. Be sure to check the clearance racks first. Amazing buys to make your gift card go further especially since most stores are already transiting for fall.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love their champion brand!
  • RachelWithoutAPaddle
    RachelWithoutAPaddle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love their c9 line! I own probably 6-8 pairs of the capri tights alone. I would stick to any of the champion line, not a fan of Mossimo
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    C9 is the way to go BUT look carefully at the tags. There is a pyramid and I think 3 levels. I think they are called premium, advanced and active? The clothing may look exactly the same but the active will be sweat absorbing cotton that will weigh you down, chafe etc but it'll be the cheapest. Premium will be the most expensive but will wick and fit well. Advanced kind of depends on the garment.

I totally agree that you should check the clearance rack. There is always C9 stuff on it and they are a good price.

I like to lift in sleeveless tops so I have a full range of motion. If your Target doesn't have winter weight stuff yet just wait and that stuff will come around seasonally.

Have fun with your gift card!
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    C9 is the way to go BUT look carefully at the tags. There is a pyramid and I think 3 levels. I think they are called premium, advanced and active? The clothing may look exactly the same but the active will be sweat absorbing cotton that will weigh you down, chafe etc but it'll be the cheapest. Premium will be the most expensive but will wick and fit well. Advanced kind of depends on the garment.

I totally agree that you should check the clearance rack. There is always C9 stuff on it and they are a good price.

I like to lift in sleeveless tops so I have a full range of motion. If your Target doesn't have winter weight stuff yet just wait and that stuff will come around seasonally.

Have fun with your gift card!

Great advice! Thank you everyone!