Some photos to help you see what a weight looks like

Options
rambunction
rambunction Posts: 22 Member
http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

I think this website is awesome, honestly. Thought maybe others would like it too

Replies

• Janice2Shakira
    Options
    I love love love how many are these are dancer photos! :flowerforyou:
  • ALittleHazey
    Options
    Either i have worse body image issues than i thought, or everyone else in my height/weight range carries the weight better than i do...

Disappointing for me, but amazing website none the less haha
  • blouwerens
    blouwerens Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to me. Seems about right. Sort of an eye opener too.
  • jfuqua01
    jfuqua01 Posts: 4
    Options
    Cool site. Thanks for sharing!
  • jfuqua01
    Options
    Where do I get one of those cool chart graphs I see at the bottom of everyone's posts?
  • lastfarewell
    lastfarewell Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chart/Ticker how to:

Go to My Home then click on Profile

Where it shows your progress in red numbers there is an option just below to set up your ticker.
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Either i have worse body image issues than i thought, or everyone else in my height/weight range carries the weight better than i do...

Not everyone else. Most of those photos wouldn't be there for you to see if the people who uploaded hadn't been reasonably satisfied with how they carry their weight. They're self selected for the optimal.
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great website!
  • littleancientheart
    littleancientheart Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah, these are always interesting to flip through…I always feel like I'm way too heavy for my height, but I guess I'm medium-framed. Its hard when you're a little more muscular, etc but don't have a big chest. Lots of women my height and weight look much thinner to me because they have bigger chests. I guess that's why I feel crummy when I let myself get negative.

It's still very hard to select an appropriate goal weight. I know what weights I have attained in the past - and that's about all I can go on, even with a helpful resource like this. In a dream world I could weigh 115, but in reality it's unlikely I'll ever go below 120 - however I am trying to make myself stronger and more compact.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This is really cool. A lot of times those sites are so "off" for me that I'm totally confused by how the person could be anywhere remotely near my height/weight stats but the people in my "range" really do look similar to me on this one.

It's also much better gauging with "real people" than computerized models that is for sure.
  • bluesarah13
    bluesarah13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is a great site. I have been wondering how other people see me or I look at someone else and think "I wonder if that's how I look". It's so hard to look in the mirror and actually see what's there. Some days I see a whale and some days I think, eh, not so bad LOL.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT site! Really puts things in perspective!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

this!
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    That is a great site. I have been wondering how other people see me or I look at someone else and think "I wonder if that's how I look". It's so hard to look in the mirror and actually see what's there. Some days I see a whale and some days I think, eh, not so bad LOL.
    I couldn't have said it better myself!
  • jfuqua01
    Options
    Chart/Ticker how to:

Go to My Home then click on Profile

Where it shows your progress in red numbers there is an option just below to set up your ticker.

Thank you!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Another good website is:
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have completely changed what my goal weight is. Thank you SO much for posting this. I am no longer concentrating fully on the numbers but the shape and amount of muscle I can aquire! How inspiring :happy:

Yes, very eye-opening.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but something caused me to remember this website and look at these photos again. I'm bumping the post for people that might be interested in seeing the photographic height/weight chart.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Another good website is:
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Yes, that is an interesting site as well. Thanks for linking it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Me too!! I dont look as Thin as any of the women in my weight and height category :disappointed: