cocoa butter

Options
just recently posted a topic about stretch marks, an how cocoa butter can help fade them, I was wondering, how often should cocoa butter be applied to stretch marks an when? before an or after a shower?
thanks

Replies

• JMann191
    JMann191 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    anyone?..
  • JMann191
    Options
    come on peeps lol...
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't know. But I use it after shower. Twice a day.
  • JMann191
    Options
    okay thank u!

ps: has it helped??
  • Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Mate,

As a man that has the same issues I can comment on this. During my teens I put on a lot of bulk (both fat and muscle, rapidly) and I got stretch marks under my arms and on my stomach, also I've been through this with my misses during pregnancy (and after), you can either use coco butter or the one that worked a charm for us is Bio-Oil (I think that's the brand), apply it to the area on dry skin twice a day and after a month (I know that's a long time but it's worth it) you'll see some decent results. Take a before and after picture.

I would also say having a heavily stretch-marked belly myself, that losing weight DRASTICALLY decreases their appearance. The scar tissue is still there but they lose their angry pinkish color and are barely noticeable! I honestly believe if I keep losing weight you wouldn't be able to tell I have them at all.

Keep at it bud, they will shift.

Matt
  • JMann191
    Options
    Hi Mate,

As a man that has the same issues I can comment on this. During my teens I put on a lot of bulk (both fat and muscle, rapidly) and I got stretch marks under my arms and on my stomach, also I've been through this with my misses during pregnancy (and after), you can either use coco butter or the one that worked a charm for us is Bio-Oil (I think that's the brand), apply it to the area on dry skin twice a day and after a month (I know that's a long time but it's worth it) you'll see some decent results. Take a before and after picture.

I would also say having a heavily stretch-marked belly myself, that losing weight DRASTICALLY decreases their appearance. The scar tissue is still there but they lose their angry pinkish color and are barely noticeable! I honestly believe if I keep losing weight you wouldn't be able to tell I have them at all.

Matt
    thank you so much Matt. I'll keep an eye out for that bio oil. any idea on the price for it? also how did cocoa butter work for you compared to the oil?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Nothing will completely remove them, but teh Biooil is a big help. After a shower of course - if you use it beforehand then it'll just be washed off.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Found this on PubMed:

"No topical agent has been proven to prevent or reduce stretch marks. Randomized controlled trials show that cocoa butter doesn't prevent stretch marks"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23313995

Just saying :bigsmile:
  • Hybrice
    Options
    Hi Mate,

Matt
    thank you so much Matt. I'll keep an eye out for that bio oil. any idea on the price for it? also how did cocoa butter work for you compared to the oil?

To be honest the cocoa butter was working fine, I just couldn't stand the smell a moment longer lol! My misses swore by it though.
  • Hybrice
    Options
    Found this on PubMed:

"No topical agent has been proven to prevent or reduce stretch marks. Randomized controlled trials show that cocoa butter doesn't prevent stretch marks"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23313995

Just saying :bigsmile:

And here's a peer review slating that paper for using minute test samples and inconsistent trial methods.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23540474

Jus' sayin'.
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    okay thank u!

ps: has it helped??

Yep, they are getting pale, they are still there, but definitely look better! ;)
  • lisajtubs
    lisajtubs Posts: 62
    Options
    I would actually stay away from cocoa butter and instead try rosehip seed oil, perhaps with a little pomegrante seed oil and helichrysum essention oil ( a bit stinky, but you get used to it!) these oils have all been shown to reduce scarring when applied to the skin. Use twice a day, and you will have better results with news scars/stretchmarks. hope this helps!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have faded bright red raised stretch marks to fine white lightening bolts using cocoa butter, but I'm sure losing weight helped too.
  • JMann191
    Options
    thank you all for the replies, I really appreciate it.