First Timer

Options
Hello all.

I'm new to the site so I hope some of you will read my blogs from time to time to help encourage me. I really need the help.

My support base is just me. All of my family lives three states away and I only see them during the holidays. I have a few close friends but they are not interested in this part of my journey. So I'm on my own for the time being but I do realize that I need the support of a community like this.

My Background

I was on the road to training for a mini marathon to help jump start my goal to get in shape when I was in a car accident. My car was totaled and I had a bad case of whiplash. Two months later, I was in another car accident. My car was able to be fixed but my body fared worse. (Both accidents not my fault)

So my lower back injuries really got in the way of me being more consistent with my workouts. I stayed home due to the pain and swelling and became sedentary. I lost my momentum over and over again as I injured my back trying to get back in shape.

Two years later, my back is finally at a place where I can begin to workout somewhat vigorously without injury. I still have to watch it. So I did my first consistent jog on the treadmill today without any pain or swelling. I was ecstatic.

So please send me encouraging notes and ideas and tips. I welcome them.

I'll see you online and definitley in the gym.

Replies

• kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I just started the C25K program last week to help me start running and I love it and have already decided that maybe this summer I will attempt my first 5K.

I love your story and it is so encouraging, if you can do this after everything you have been through then so can I. I also noticed we have the same goal in mind, I would love to be a friend for encouragement and any support you may want / need. Feel free to friend me and we can work on this together. :happy:
  • ErinLauren
    ErinLauren Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its all about small steps. All you have to do is put one foot infront of the other. Drink tons of water. Just keep your body moving. Make it a ritual to take care of yourself and put yourself first! You are more than worth the effort. I am only a message away and would be happy to remind you how worthwhile this journey is! I want you and I both to succeed! One step at a time :)