frustrated (back tracked last night)

Options
Fell off the boat yesterday, ate really good all day long, had a bowl of ice cream and Mexican food and busted my daily intake by 250. Grrrrrrr........its frustrating.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    250 cals? really? so you're probably still in a deficit anyway!? :noway:
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    yeh 250 over once is nothing... if you were 2500 over then you have blown it and could be upset with yourself!!! give yourself a break, you have done well!
  • EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    come back if you ended up having a 3000+ calorie day.....
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    250 is nothing.
    I've gone over by 2500 at times. I've finally learned that going over once in a while and having bad days, sometimes weeks, will not derail me as long as I keep doing the best I can overall.

It's not perfection that's going to get you to your goal. It's persistence and doing well most days. There's no way you're going to be perfect, day in and day out.
  • nathesfly
    nathesfly Posts: 11
    Options
    :) Thanks guys
  • MackynDibsMom
    Options
    Its a target, not an absolute. a few calories on either side is no big deal.
    It's not what you do some of the time, its what you do most of the time.

Now, if your upset about WHAT you ate then lets address that. How did you end up choosing to eat what you did? We're you really hungry so you didn't choose wisely? Was peer pressure involved? Etc.

And no matter what......
    You can always choose to hit the "Reset" button at any point. Have a bad morning, hit the reset, eat a great dinner. Have a bite of something you shouldn't, hit the reset, spit it out and throw the rest away. There's never a need to wait till the infamous 'tomorrow'.

:)
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Really? 250? That's nothing. Seriously… nothing. More likely than not, you're still at a deficit. Forgive yourself really darn fast. That's not enough to even blink over, much less wasting energy being frustrated over. If you took the energy you wasted being frustrated and put that energy to work on some exercise, you'd burn off that 250 in less than an hour. Seriously… forget about it and move on!
  • nathesfly
    nathesfly Posts: 11
    Options
    Its a target, not an absolute. a few calories on either side is no big deal.
    It's not what you do some of the time, its what you do most of the time.

Now, if your upset about WHAT you ate then lets address that. How did you end up choosing to eat what you did? We're you really hungry so you didn't choose wisely? Was peer pressure involved? Etc.

And no matter what......
    You can always choose to hit the "Reset" button at any point. Have a bad morning, hit the reset, eat a great dinner. Have a bite of something you shouldn't, hit the reset, spit it out and throw the rest away. There's never a need to wait till the infamous 'tomorrow'.

:)

You're right about the reset button, I like that! It wasn't necessarily peer pressure as it was a little bit of stress over the air conditioning guy coming out and fixing it- in the heat of the summer. Yes I admit, I am, at times, an emotional eater. :/
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    Fell off the boat yesterday, ate really good all day long, had a bowl of ice cream and Mexican food and busted my daily intake by 250. Grrrrrrr........its frustrating.

What Icecream and Mexican food are you eating that only has that many Kcals? I need to subscribe immediately.