Run Double

Options
So both me and my boyfriend are using the run double app, we have been doing the exact same route but mine today said I did 5k in 29 mins but his in 33 mins even though we were always in seeing distance of one another
I then looked at my map the app shows and it has this red line showing where I ran and it was right but had lines going everywhere whereas my bfs was a clear straight line around where we ran. Anyone know what's going on because I am so upset that today was a difficult run and both phones say differently?

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It sounds as though your GPS signal may have been lost a few times on your run. The difference is probably in the phones and their GPS capability.
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    xxharleyquinnxx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I thought that but I have notifications turned on so if I lose signal it tells me :/
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Maybe his phone has a wonky GPS signal then?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Anyone know what's going on because I am so upset that today was a difficult run and both phones say differently?

i can see that its a bit odd, so maybe a bit annoying, but what are you 'so upset' about?
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    Options
    Because I have been wanting to run 5k at least 3 times a week but obviously I didn't do so, so as you can see it is really annoying and am not too sure what to do now.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Map out a course ahead of time that you know is 5k and run it. Then you don't need any devices. You can also check out mapmyrun or gmapspedometer.com and track your route to find out how far you ran. Forget the app and focus on the run....
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Because I have been wanting to run 5k at least 3 times a week but obviously I didn't do so, so as you can see it is really annoying and am not too sure what to do now.

how did you not run 5k? i thought the issue was the timing?
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    Options
    No me and my boyfriend finished in different places, at 29 mins my app said I had done 5k, it took him another 4mins for his to say 5k. That is what I am saying, we both are using the same app with GPS but my GPS seems wrong. Moreso my bf has been running 5k with that app for ages now so knows the finish point in which his phone would say he did 5k, me on the other hand only downloaded it the other day and used it once and it said 5k was at a different point during our run.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    so you're probably less than half a k short of the 5k? just run a bit further next time.