when is the best time to eat carbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Will32283
    Will32283 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    When you are hungry for them. Fit into your daily allowance and before 7:00 or three hours before bedtime.

I eat carbs after 7:00pm and just before bedtime nightly. Is this suppose to effect me? It is not by any means.
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    All. Day. Long. :)
    When you are hungry for them. Fit into your daily allowance and before 7:00 or three hours before bedtime.

What happens after 7?

MV5BNTQ4NDQyNTgxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc2NTA0Mg@@._V1_SY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

After 7PM, your body stops burning up the carbs. And, as we all should know by now, your body burns no calories at all while you sleep, so those carbs are turning into fat all night. Duh, don't you know anything?!

...yes, I'm kidding. :)

I had my sleeves rolled up and ready to shoot a response, until I saw "yes, I'm kidding. :)"

You had me for a moment lol
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options

What happens after 7?

MV5BNTQ4NDQyNTgxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc2NTA0Mg@@._V1_SY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Gremlins.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Carb sensitivity varies a lot from one person to the next, so you do have to experiment a bit and see what works for you.

I agree. I chose low carb because things like bread, pasta, sweets, etc... do give me a rush of energy for a couple of hours, but then I feel like I crash later. I don't have that problem with carb items that have decent fiber in them, things like veggies. To each their own, though. Alot of people don't have any issue with so-called "empty carbs".
  • biodigit
    Options

So what happens if I eat carbs 15 minutes before bedtime?

Nothing happens, as long as it fits your daily macros.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    What happens after 7?

It's common knowledge that after 7 pm, your cells go into nocturnalia modalis, otherwise known as "nocturnal mode." During nocturnal mode, your body metabolizes every calorie - every morsel you swallow - into fat cells that swell up to FOUR TIMES the normal size of your average fat cell. To make matters worse - as you sleep, this oversized glump of fat settles into your thighs because your body is horizontal. If you look at the bubble in a level, it will settle in the middle when the level is horizontal. The same happens to fat when you are sleeping. Just look at a level - this proves I'm right, along with my use of made up scientific sounding words.

Duh. Everyone knows this. The only caveat is that if you live in certain time zones, you might be able to push it to 8 pm - but you may have to bring it to 6 pm depending on where you live. America is actually in the 6 pm time zone - but no one knows it. It's why there is such a high rate of obesity - people eat after 6 pm and then sleep lying down. Damn you, nocturnalia modalis for ruining America!!

/extreme sarcasm
  • biodigit
    Options
    What happens after 7?

It's common knowledge that after 7 pm, your cells go into nocturnalia modalis, otherwise known as "nocturnal mode." During nocturnal mode, your body metabolizes every calorie - every morsel you swallow - into fat cells that swell up to FOUR TIMES the normal size of your average fat cell. To make matters worse - as you sleep, this oversized glump of fat settles into your thighs because your body is horizontal. If you look at the bubble in a level, it will settle in the middle when the level is horizontal. The same happens to fat when you are sleeping. Just look at a level - this proves I'm right, along with my use of made up scientific sounding words.

Duh. Everyone knows this. The only caveat is that if you live in certain time zones, you might be able to push it to 8 pm - but you may have to bring it to 6 pm depending on where you live. America is actually in the 6 pm time zone - but no one knows it. It's why there is such a high rate of obesity - people eat after 6 pm and then sleep lying down. Damn you, nocturnalia modalis for ruining America!!

/extreme sarcasm

lol
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    What happens after 7?
    Probably nothing...

gremlin-gif.gif
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    What happens after 7?

/extreme sarcasm

True, unless you sleep in one of these so that the fat settles equally

gyro.jpg
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options

Yeah cause after 7:00 or three hours before bedtime you will turn into a gremlin and multiply if you eat carbs.
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Carbs matter for me because I am Insulin Resistant.

I find that I need to eat a greater percentage of my carbs before I exercise (which for me is riding my bike). That way I have energy for my workout, and seem to use up a lot of my glucose before it can be converted to fat.

If you are interested, check out the Insulin Resistance Diet. I bought it for my ereader and it is the diet that works best for me. It's more sustainable than The 17 Day Diet, but works as effectively at least for me.

Good luck.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I know few people who eat carbs 2 hrs before work out and with an hour of work out with protein. Its pretty common in body building circuit and it does work for some folks. Try and see if it works for you.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    when you're hungry. Thats the perfect time
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    When you want them. Body doesn't work on an eating time clock.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

True, unless you sleep in one of these so that the fat settles equally

gyro.jpg

WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THESE?!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    hi, just want to find out when is the best time to eat carbs? morning, midday or afternoon? I exercise mid morning and will continue before going to work when I go back. when is the best time?

The 2nd Tuesday of every month, carbs are strictly forbidden......
    666.....just sayin. :wink:
  • MityMax96
    Options
    What happens after 7?
    Probably nothing...

gremlin-gif.gif

Denial :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    Options

:noway: :noway: :noway:
    Srs Dude....

Let's just stick these people on a bus, and send them to the fat farm now......

Trying to help people here....and you come back with that crazy stuff.....

:laugh: :laugh:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Mmm, carbs.

CarbScan.jpg
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Oh gosh, you pick up on sarcasm rather quickly.