Big Busted and Running

Options
Do any of you women have a hard time running because you are big busted? When I gained weight I gained a lot in that area and running- which I love- is painful. So, until I lose the top weight can anyone suggest a good sports bra. I have tried a couple but they don't offer the support that I need.

I really want to run in comfort!

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have had good luck with the Moving Comfort Maia Bras. http://www.movingcomfort.com/en_us/maia-sports-bra/350054.html

If you have to order it online instead of trying it on, their sizing runs a little large in the band to me.

You may also want to pick up a tube of Body Glide. Even with a very good sports bra, there will still be some movement and the Body Glide eliminates chafing.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Definitely invest in a good sports bra! I'm not sure what size you are, but I've had great luck with the Moving Comfort Fiona, the Anita Extreme Control and the Goddess sports bra. Make sure you get measured (or measure yourself properly) to make sure you wear the correct size. Stores like Victoria's Secret do *not* measure correctly. Independent lingerie stores or large department stores like Nordstrom typically do a much better job with measuring and carry a wider variety of sizes. Good luck!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I hear your pain. In my mind, the sports bra one of the greatest inventions ever (right after air conditioning). I also use the Moving Comfort brand. I tried one on and bought it in a running store, but then "added" to my wardrobe via only ordering. I only wish I knew about those things in high school and college (if they existed back in the dark ages) I think I would have been less embarrassed about working out.

Good luck!
  • killimanjar0
    Options
    If you have a specialty bra shop in your town, seek them out. They often don't carry what even Nordstrom has and will fit you with a good sports bra. The only one I have ever found was through such a shop, and though I still don't like running, it is great to have it when I go climbing, jazzercising or anything else active. Even a long walk! Good support will cost a pretty penny, but it is worth the investment if it means you can get the movement you need to be healthy. Good luck!
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When i started running back in September, i used to wear a normal bra plus a sport one over it. It prevented the pain from "jumping"...now i still have the same size (Arghh!!) but the pain is gone so i can wear only a sport bra (am satisfied with these from JD sport).
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I just got one last month at a Hanes outlet store. It's a racerback and holds the girls nicely.
  • melissasaha
    Options
    Agreed! At my smallest, I am a DD, so I understand! I have used Moving Comfort, and Under Armour. UA had a great one that fit and stayed in place, but of course they d/c'd it. :/ I bought an Enell version. It definitely keeps everything in place, but the band can feel a little restrictive, IMO. Good Luck!
  • amber2bill
    amber2bill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No matter how good they are, you should double up, wear 2!! Its the only thing I've found that works!!!
  • prncsmj18
    prncsmj18 Posts: 1
    Options
    Moving comfort and UA have worked for me. I also wear a reg sports brand and then a tank/sports bra over it so it is doubled up. I agree with the body glide as well! It is a life saver! lol good luck!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I wear boxer briefs when I run. What? You don't think we have bouncing issues as well?
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I double-up too! I wear my sports bra over my regular bra. It's the only thing that works for me and 'the girls'.
  • IMNotanumber
    IMNotanumber Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Since I was twelve, the women in my family have commented on how our family is well-endowed in the chest area - especially me. (They always actually say my name at this point in the conversation.) So... yes... I understand that running and breasts do not always go together well. In fact, even exercise didn't really work for me until I found a bra that would keep me all tucked in and totally secure! (I don't remember EVER feeling that way while moving until THIS bra.) And now I can run/jump/cartwheel/etc without hating myself and feeling stupid. I tried the SHOCK ABSORBER first and loved it until it got too worn to wear anymore. I would still recommend the SHOCK ABSORBER, but I didn't love the way I looked with only one breast. Not flattering. Now I have the PANACHE SPORTS BRA and love it even more than the other. Both brands come in all sorts of big-girl sizes, too! YAY!

Take a look for yourself on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Bra/dp/B005X5FG2O

Good luck!
  • ambridget2
    ambridget2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • ambridget2
    Options
    Too funny :0) Giggle for the day AND actually, no, I never thought about that.
  • ambridget2
    Options
    The above comment was to headofphat. Strange when you reply under someone's comment it goes right to the end off the feed.
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wear two for high impact sporting.

1x well fitting underwire sports bra
    1x smooshing bra- That is a tight fitting non underwire sports bra.

This is the one I have: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shock-Absorber-Level-4-Sports-Bra-S4490-00S-Limited-Edition-Pink-Purple-/201106535132?pt=AU_WomensLingerie&var&hash=item2ed2e232dc&_uhb=1

Also Im a Aus 10H/ American 32H. This works really well for me.