Options
When should i weigh my self every week or every two week ? :smile:

What do you think ???

Add me people :wink:

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I do mine every week, first thing in the morning after I use the restroom. There are times I go every two weeks, but it just depends on what you want to do.
  • KimmiD74
    Options
    Im not sure about everybody else but I find that weighing myself every monday morning is good.....
    Gives me something to look forward to and also its not too long so that if nothing changed then it wont feel so disappointing....
    Good luck.....;0)
  • authorjules
    Options
    I'm a once a week gal because I can't wait for 2 weeks. I can tell a difference and want to get to the scales:)

I do every Sunday morning.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I usually weigh in every night after the gym.. and usually the morning after to see if there was any change.. Sometimes I'll go a day or two.. I do an official weigh in for the machines I use at the gym on Monday's though.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I record my weight once a week - but I am one of those rare people that weighs themselves daily. This ONLY works if you dont get dramatized over weight fluctuations...but it has worked for me. If I am doing good I want to continue, and if I am not, than I am more motivated to work at it...
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    I weigh twice a week, but only record once - I'm still quite new to this and I'm not sure how accurate it is...so for example I weighed myself on Saturday...but I'm not sure if it will still be that weight when I weigh tomoro....

Not really much help is it! LOL!
  • Texaganian
    Options
    Same time, every day (first thing in the morning if you want to see the lowest number) with a digital scale.

I know it runs counter to everybody's advice here but weighing myself every day was the only way I came to understand the natural fluctuations in weight and that losing weight isn't -- can't be -- a straightline process.

So I strongly recommend weighing daily but just take the fluctuations with a grain of salt. All you are interested in is the long term trend.
  • LetItBe4Sanity
    LetItBe4Sanity Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I personally generally get discouraged by checking myself on the scale. Its really a personal preference, you just need to see and understand how you react. I prefer to check myself every 2 weeks to a month.
  • autumntia
    autumntia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Twice a week in the AM
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I weigh in every week, first thing on a Thursday morning... couldnt possibly do it every two weeks because curiosity would get the better of me!
  • Smokechic
    Smokechic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A good rule of thumb is every week. Much more than that can make you fall off the wagon a bit. Much less can be hard if your seeing a little gain here and there or very little loss.

That being said, it's really what your comfortable with. I personally weigh myself every morning (I'm not patient enough to wait the week to see how I've done!) For me, it gives me incentive to keep working when I see the small drops and if I see a small gain, it pushes me harder. I just don't allow the scale to get me down in anyway because I know I'm working hard.

Good luck!
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When should i weigh my self every week or every two week ? :smile:

What do you think ???

Add me people :wink:

Only once a week, on the same day, and same time, if you can. :smile:
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Once a week in the morning when been to the loo, must be NAKED! lol
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Same time, every day (first thing in the morning if you want to see the lowest number) with a digital scale.

I know it runs counter to everybody's advice here but weighing myself every day was the only way I came to understand the natural fluctuations in weight and that losing weight isn't -- can't be -- a straightline process.

So I strongly recommend weighing daily but just take the fluctuations with a grain of salt. All you are interested in is the long term trend.

LOVE you! About time I found someone else who feels like I do!
    But I agree its not a strategy for everyone, some people get way messed up by it!
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    trwice a week here.dont ever weigh your self after a work out thats what i was told at the gym.have a good night.
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and record my weight whenever I loose some. If I happen to be a little heavier one day, I don't worry about it too much because weight fluctuates often.
  • c_turner
    Options
    I personally weigh myself once a week on a Friday afternoon before i hit the gym. I read somewhere that you should not weigh yourself every day because your body weight can fluctuate too much depending on what you have eaten thrughout the day and what the amount of exercise you do in a day. Weighing yourself at early lunch time is supposed to be the best time because you should have at least eaten breakfast and had a snack by this time so your body weight is more accurate than weighing yourself on an empty stomach. But like most people have said it depends on peoples individual preferences.

What i have found helps motivate me is that every Friday i record my weight on my calander in the kitchen so that i can visually see the progress i am making week by week. This stops me from grabbing one of the hundreds of chocolate bars we have in the house. (i still live with the parents who are chocoholics and have a double cuboard filled with what can only be described as a confectionary's perfect customer and a dieters worst nightmare, good job i have will power!)

Good luck with your weight journey! :smile: