Weight loss stalled

Options
Hi all,

I've recently started dieting again, and did well the first 2 weeks (only 1 of which is logged on here). So far I have lost around 3kgs (although MFP still shows 0kg lost, no idea why). However, for the last week my weight has been stuck at 74.6, which is still above the maximum weight for a healthy BMI. I'm eating less calories than recommended, and in general, I think, making fairly healthy choices.
So, any idea why I'm no longer losing any weight? It's quite frustrating after such a good start!

Many thanks in advance!

p.s. My diary should be open, and I'm a 24 year old female.

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Normal body fluctuations such as stress, exercise, water retention from sodium, bowels, TOM, etc. will affect the rate at which your body burns fat from week to week. It will not be the same for most people. Since you have loss weight prior to this week then continue as you were and give your body the time it needs to do its job.
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi all,

I've recently started dieting again, and did well the first 2 weeks (only 1 of which is logged on here). So far I have lost around 3kgs (although MFP still shows 0kg lost, no idea why). However, for the last week my weight has been stuck at 74.6, which is still above the maximum weight for a healthy BMI. I'm eating less calories than recommended, and in general, I think, making fairly healthy choices.
    So, any idea why I'm no longer losing any weight? It's quite frustrating after such a good start!

Many thanks in advance!

p.s. My diary should be open, and I'm a 24 year old female.

I've burned like 3 to 5 lbs of fat this week and I lost no weight whatsoever. I wouldn't worry about it. What happens for like me, the water stays retained in my body and I know I'm building muscle at same time. If I put on my weight lifting belt, I can tighten more every few days but my weight is the same. The answer is, fat is reducing but my weight isn't. Nothing to worry about. Just keep at it hard.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    1 week is not a stall. 2-3 weeks, even would not be a concern. Look 4-6 weeks down the road. If you're consistently weighing/logging your food and eating at a deficit, being realistic about calories burned, you'll lose weight. Not necessarily each day or even each week - as water weight can mask your efforts - but over time.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you are eating FAR TOO LITTLE. 600-850 calories per day is not the way to go about this.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    To fix your ticker, go to Check In -> Edit Previous Entries (under the measurements box) and change your starting weight.
  • locuazlaura
    Options
    Fixed my ticker, thanks jkal979!

In response to the comment that I'm eating far too little, I know I had a few really low calorie days but I had a flu-type thing and was honestly just too tired to eat! I'm feeling much better now, so am eating more again.