treadmill movies. i need suggestions! ^_^

Options
jbug5j
jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
i am getting married in 32 days and FINALLY! it has hit me! (thank all the gods!) I have decided that every night i will enjoy a movie and walk my happy (big) little but off (literally)!

So far my movies have been:
Mean Girls
Jumanji (bad choice, it moved way slower than i remembered but i was still smiling the whole time)
Resident Evil
Kill Bill Vol 1. (fiancees suggestion, i had never seen it before and it took until Lucy Lu's apperence to keep my attention)

So yeah. If anyone has any suggestions please post! :) thanks all!

Replies

• sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    The Last Dragon.
  • Carlywiese
    Carlywiese Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaids obviously! ;)
  • jbug5j
    Options
    Bumpity bump :)
  • ChrisMullis
    Options
    PITCH PERFECT

THE WAY WAY BACK

LEON
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Action or comedy?
    Rush Hour, The Hangover, Liar Liar, Dumb and Dumber, Speed, The Matrix, Fast and Furious, Heat, Zoolander, Jurassic Park.
    I personally watch tv shows instead. Like Supernatural, Adventure Time, The Walking Dead and True Blood.
    Not Game of Thrones because it demands my utmost attention :bigsmile:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Netflix? Or Amazon Prime?

Clueless
    Bottleshock
    All of the harry potter movies
  • jbug5j
    Options
    We have Netflix. Pitch Perfect is definitely an option lol :) keep em coming guys! Thanks!
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like action movies when I'm on the treadmill. I like the Bourne Trilogy.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Following this thread I watched the following whilst working out on my elliptical trainer.

Hairspray (the remake with John Travolta) - which was ace because I could dance around (although limited) and sing along, totally made the time fly.
    Labyrinth - again ace choice because I spent most of it reciting the words along with Sarah and the time flew.

:)
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    The Raid 1/2
  • NerdyAdventurer
    NerdyAdventurer Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I always liked watching Disney's Hercules and Mulan. I found it helpful to get fit and bad *kitten* like the characters.
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Zero Dark Thirty will keep you pumped up for the entire flick. Plus, the female CIA agent in a rockstar.

Good Luck!
    Mark
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im currently making my way thru star strek: the next generation while walking on the treadmill max incline. half way thru the 5th season now.

I used to watch movies while doing it but I ended up taking ages to figure out what to watch, find a couple tv series your interested in and watch 1 or 2 episodes a day !
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    An Affair to Remember

and follow that with

Sleepless in Seattle

I mean, you ARE getting married. These are two-hanky romantic lovelies!
  • loralye211
    loralye211 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Any action movie. Avengers is one of my favorites, and lately I've been on a Mission Impossible binge (even though I can't stand Tom Cruise). For me, as long as the people are moving around a lot on in the movie, I'm distracted enough to not totally hate working out.

Action tv shows are good. During the week I've been watching Arrow. There's a good 2 seasons on Netflix so I'm set for the next few weeks.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    monster movies and sci-fi/horror/thriller type movies are my favorites for exercise, it helps me move my *kitten* if i can convince myself that i'm being chased by some horrorterror. i know it's not a movie but i used to watch a lot of the x-files on the treadmill, although that may have been less running-from-terrible-creatures motivation as much as it was chasing-early-nineties-david-duchovny's-sweet-nerd-*kitten* motivation. so monsters/zombies/eldrich abominations + hot person = good workout.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Idiocracy
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    The Human Centipede 1 and 2.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have all the old episodes of Wonder Woman on disc... talk about motivation :bigsmile: