Any C25k grads training for a 10k?

Options
I did C25k and now I'm working towards a 10k. Even though I ran a 5k, I found a "0 to 10k" program just to reset everything and start fresh. If you're trying to do a 10k lets connect!!!!

Replies

• puraze
    puraze Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am training for a 10k in October. I have only done 5k to this point. Hope to complete a half at some point too!
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i'm seriously considering it, i love the idea of being able to run 10K, my City has a big one every year and i'd love to be part of that

but at the moment i'm enjoying running non stop and i don't really want to go back to walking intervals so at the moment i'm just doing 5K's (ha listen to me JUST doing 5K)
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K at end of May and ran a 10k a few weeks ago. Training for another in September and using a 10k improver plan.

I loved my C25K plan (I used the 5K runner app) but couldn't get into the 10k one at all as I also didn't like going back to intervals once I was able to run for about 40 mins non stop (I am super slow haha). So I just did my own thing to build up my mileage.
  • TMattP
    TMattP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Total non runner about 10 months ago until I finished the c25k. When I was happy running 5K i just went for it to see if I could.

I was slow but I did it. I do a 10k every week now as my start to the weeks running.

Maybe give it a go and if it doesn't work out then just add a mile to one of your 5k runs every couple of days until you get to 10k.