Vegetables

Options
I HATE vegetables and I am having a hard time eatting them. Does any one have any suggestions on how to prepare different vegetables? I eat salads and canned green beans and that is about it......help!!!:sad:

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    why not try "sneeking" veggies in lagasina, stir frys, or burritos? I do this for my husband all the time, he doesnt THINK he likes veggies either, but with me being a vegetarian thats a problem. I have a great black bean burrito recipe that is yummy and full of sneeky veggies...message me if you want that one.

Good luck.
  • Syracusedog
    Options
    Birdseye - Steamfresh Vegetables - Broccoli & Cauliflower & Carrots. microwave and done! try and see if you like any of their products the are a little sweeter and have a great taste to them. You can spray them with I can't believe it's not butter spray and hit them up with a little salt. See if that helps you it does for me! :tongue: -Jay
  • ritakelli
    Options
    I understand your plight, it is difficult to eat as many vegetables that is needed on a daily basis. I found that juicing is a great was to get all those greens in one glass. I know it sounds scary (I was a little scared at first), but when done right you don't even taste the veggies. All raw food diet cookbooks have great recipes for green juices and other veggie juice. The only down fall is the purchasing of a good juicer. I own a Breville Juice Fountain Elite. It's super easy to use and really easy to clean!
  • kitchentales
    Options
    I have to say I quite like veggies, but I wasn't getting enough, so I started using vegetarian recipes, and I just add in my meat. Example: vegetarian chili, and I added in chicken, and will try turkey in the future. Eating vegetarian with a small amount of meat is helping my boyfriend get his veggies.

And if that doesn't work, try taking some plain veggies, like mushrooms, bell peppers, zuccini, etc, and fry them with a small amount of butter for about 5 minutes. A good way to get some carrots in your diet: steam, then toss with butter and brown sugar. I'm not saying it's good for you, but it's tasty!
  • kgarvey66
    Options
    Try adding low fat cheese. like american,swiss or provolone with your vegetables that is made with a stir fry type veggie, It taste pretty good...and in a pan if you like chicken cut up and put in pan with it than you can either put it on a low fat flat bread (like a pita) use olive oil....
  • jensyth
    jensyth Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of veggies either but I find it's easiest if I make various types of stir-fry with lean chicken. Usually the easier ones to incorporate are zucchini, onion, broccoli, and mushrooms. I also LOVE adding spinach to breakfast omelets. You could also go for cold sliced veggies in sandwiches, like cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, spinach, carrots, onions, sprouts, etc. I don't know what the verdict is on those various juices like V-8 and Odwalla, etc. I'm sure you get the vitamin equivalents, but I imagine some of the other benefits are being lost, such as making you feel full, etc.
  • formytwins
    Options
    That all sounds good but my only downfall is that I gag when I smell or taste them. If they are soggy then.....well I can't eat them...ha ha. I do like raw vegetables.....I know....I have been told I am very weird. :smile:
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    why not try "sneeking" veggies in lagasina, stir frys, or burritos? I do this for my husband all the time, he doesnt THINK he likes veggies either, but with me being a vegetarian thats a problem. I have a great black bean burrito recipe that is yummy and full of sneeky veggies...message me if you want that one.

Good luck.
    I do the same thing although I am not a vegetarian. Some times my kids will not eat their veggies either, so I try to do what I can.