Is fat just...fat? Macro question!

Options
dakotababy
dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
I have noticed that through out the last few days my fat intake has been fairly high. I fully acknowledge that some of the foods I have been eating have been "unclean".

Now, I am thinking it is time to maybe focus more on my macro goals as well. My carb and proteins have been good...I am just wondering though...is too much fat bad? Does it matter where these fats come from? Is the goal just to meat the "fat" goal - regardless of which foods I am eating.

I think I am coming more of a place of IIFYM standard of eating, so yeah - any info would be great!

Replies

• Snypa1
    Snypa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There are different types of fats and they each provide benefits in their own ways. There is no simple answer to your question and a lot of people will come along with 'bro science'.

Basically you want to disregard everything you think you know about fat from the media and just know fat is good for you. Fat is however very dense in calories and thus for a balanced diet you need less grams of fat than carbs and protein.

Really there is no easy answer to your question here is a good piece of reading for you to start: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dietary_fat_importance.htm

Basically:

avoid Saturated Fats (some is good but you will get more than enough so don't try to add more)
    avoid Trans Fats