Any Exercise Ideas for a BUSY Mom?

atrull91
atrull91 Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
My son is almost 7 months old, and I don't have too much more weight to lose, I guess I got lucky. But I still want to lose a few pounds. I hardly have any time. I am a Mom and a full time college student, so when I'm not taking care of my son, cleaning, eating, or sleeping, I'm studying.

I'm looking for exercises to help me burn some calories and to help thin my tummy and buttocks areas. I appreciate any help or advice you can give!!

Replies

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    When studying or eating, could you sit on an exercise ball? I'll try to think of more, but that's the first thing that popped into my head.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Walking lunges up and down a home hallway :o) twenty minutes of that and it will be burnin good! Works all the target areas you mentioned also.
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    im a stay at home mom and i walk in place while i clean or cook. =)
  • I've been doing these 30 minute dance classes on DVD that I got from Target. They are fun and they don't take very long to do. There are 4 in the set and so each night I rotate and do a different one so I'm not bored. There is dancercise, hip hop, salsa and even belly dancing - which is awesome exercise. I love the fact that I can exercise in my pajamas! Good luck. If the baby is in a back pack you could probably even do these with the baby!
  • edaigle77
    edaigle77 Posts: 2 Member
    It's the little things in your diet..once your on track with it.as busy as u are it should b easy.My advice heart rate monitor..see what your burning 1st.then use the advice listed above.hope this helps..E
  • popcrn4free
    popcrn4free Posts: 23 Member
    My baby is 8 months and I just pick her up and dance around the house. She thinks its a blast. You can do squats and lift your baby in the air a few times. Today she watched me do a workout video and laughed at me a few times. She's my motivation and its fun.
  • If you have a Wii, Just Dance 2 is awesome and really fun. My 3 month old loves to watch me play that game, I think she is laughing at me :-) And our 4 year old likes to play it too.
This discussion has been closed.