Iphone Apps

Options
Hey, does anyone use any great Iphone apps to record their workouts? I am looking for something that is easy to use, and will track the exercise, weight, reps, progress, etc. The myfitnesspal app just isn't cutting it for me with the weight section, and i prefer not to carry around a notebook/pencil with me at the gym.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• StephanieT0602
    StephanieT0602 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Following. I'm interested as well
  • meanpooh
    meanpooh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Jefit, I have ben using it for a year and its great!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Fitness Builder is good they also have the subscription mode where you can download workouts or you can just create your own.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5, their app for that program is great
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Jefit, I have ben using it for a year and its great!

Ok cool, i'll look it up. I may be hoping for too much as somewhat of a lifting newbie, but does it give suggested workout routines? It would be great for an app to help me remember a proper workout rotation from day to day.
  • CABasile
    CABasile Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use Digifit, especially for cardio workouts. I just pick the workout, tap it when I start, and tap it when I finish. It syncs with MFP. I use Full Fitness to record more details (e.g., type of machine used, amount of time on the machine, calories burned, distance traveled, etc.) I can also put notes in Full Fitness. I also use Full Fitness for strength training.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you do a good amount of cardio: MapMyRun and it syncs with MFP. Tracks running, walking, hiking, etc. and is pretty accurate. I use it while hiking and it helps me to remember how long/far I went in case I forget to log it here right away. Plus: it's free! :)
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5, their app for that program is great

I just got this app (I need structure and haven't been doing the strength training my body needs), it is AWESOME.
    I also have a FitBit, which tracks weight, active minutes, steps (and syncs with MFP)
    and then there is Carrot's 7 Minutes in Hell, which is my "cardio" for the days I'm lifting... Very funny and fun at the same time!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    If you do a good amount of cardio: MapMyRun and it syncs with MFP. Tracks running, walking, hiking, etc. and is pretty accurate. I use it while hiking and it helps me to remember how long/far I went in case I forget to log it here right away. Plus: it's free! :)

Endomondo also syncs with MFP for cardio.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Hey, does anyone use any great Iphone apps to record their workouts? I am looking for something that is easy to use, and will track the exercise, weight, reps, progress, etc. The myfitnesspal app just isn't cutting it for me with the weight section, and i prefer not to carry around a notebook/pencil with me at the gym.

Any thoughts?

I use:
    daily- Runtastic Pro, Runtastic Squats Pro, Runtastic Six Pack Pro, Runtastic Sit-ups Pro, Hot5, Sworkit Pro; All of these apps feed seamlessly into MFP
    three or more times a week - GymGoalFree; All but GymGoalFree feed into MFP so I enter that information manually.
    occasionally - MapMyWalk with uploadable pedometer,
    phased out - Runtastic Pedometer Pro

As you can see, I really like the Runtastic apps. Runtastic Pro can be set to track a variety of activities both automatically and manually. GymGoalFree is great for tracking weight workouts.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper for outdoor cardio (run, walk, bike, kayak, etc.), Jefit for lifting, and use 5x5 app for that lifting program.

Jefit does suggest beginner routines and allowes users to upload routines but I don't know how vetted they are. You may be better off reading a book and following a program such as New Rules of Lifting or Starting Strength and entering the programs into the app for tracking purposes.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! I will check these out for sure and hopefully find one that does what i want it to.