Goal weights for 5ft 4 in ladies :)

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    My goal weight (and I was there 2 years ago) was 145. I was in a size 8 and felt great. I have/had lots of muscle so probably weight a little heavier then most 5'4" gals out there :smile:

Now I just need to get back down there again!!!
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 - 5'4 depending on the day and doctor measuring me! :)

Everyone has their own weight and aesthetic goals - at my highest weight of 147 I was very unhappy.

I am at 128 lbs now and feeling much healthier, but I will continue to push until I hit 115 and then reassess how I look/feel. In my head I aim to be 110 but I want to be realistic. I would never compromise my health for a weight goal!
  • Lori_Gallant
    Options
    150 (maybe 140) is my goal weight. I started out weighing 247. I'm at currently at 230. I have weighed 119 before and it was WAY too skinny for me!! I think I look pretty healthy at 150.
    GOOD LUCK on your journey!!! :happy: :heart:
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5' 4". I started my journey in January at 215 pounds. I'm now currently at 177. I'm wearing size 10 (was at size 16 in the beginning).

I had put my goal weight to 150 pounds. I'm no spring chicken and haven't been 150 pounds since I was 20 (I'm almost 37). But to be quite honest, I've been so comfortable at size 10. So, I haven't been pushing myself as much as I have been.

I have 4 children and gained much of my weight from my pregnancies. I've also been trying to work on toning because I have an access of skin (mostly in my belly area). I'm not fond of the thought of being a "skinny" older lady with hanging skin...

That's my story!

Always looking for new friends :)
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 135.6 lbs, when I was 180 I just wanted to get to 150 then to the healthy BMI 145 then to 140, now to 132/130 my body frame is so small at 140 I can wear a size 6/4 at first I didn't matter what I ate as long as I stayed under my allowance (1600) but now I'm eating way better, I have to, to get rid of the "last 10" (harder) and for life, right?
    My exercise is 6 days a week, cardio 4+2 days of lifting, I'm planning when I get to my "ideal" weight to lift more and do less cardio ;)
  • jennahaines108
    jennahaines108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135 lbs. But if I ever manage to get there, I might go over 125.
  • hbgirl85
    hbgirl85 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm 5'4", but I'm 47 and I've had two kids, so if I could get to 160-170 lbs.I would be very pleased. I haven't weighed 125-130 pounds since before my kids and post kids, I was able to maintain 165 lbs. healthfully and wearing a size 8-10.
  • Wolfhuntress2002
    Options
    Good Luck! Keep Rocking~
  • Wolfhuntress2002
    Options
    Currently my weight fluxgates between 180 - 172. I have had GI issues for over 2 years and currently in process to have surgery. Dr. put me on a gluten free diet to see if it helps and started Friday. I also started Thrive a week prior when they told me I had to have surgery and since starting it and the diet have notices a big change in my energy levels, GI issues and all around moods. I am feeling better, energized and excited~! I started working out at home again and seem to be able to workout longer than before. I would love to be 120-130; but current goal to start is 140-150 and then I will bump it up.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and just shy of 200lb, and currently I'd like to get to around 170lb then see where I want to go from there. That takes me out of "obese" category on a basic BMI chart so seems a reasonable goal to start off with. I'm not so fussed on an exact figure though, more focused on how I feel and any inches lost.
    I'm strength training and seeing huge progress both in terms of my size and health, even though I've barely lost any weight. Swapping fat for muscle and all that. :bigsmile:
  • DesiraeVosk
    DesiraeVosk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 I weigh 230 lbs I started at 238
    I have 2 goals. my first one is to lose 50 lbs and get to 188 then my second goal is 137 so I have a long way to go but I think I can do it if I never give up!
  • bethanimal4
    bethanimal4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'4" and started at 177 lbs and a size 10/12 - my original goal was 127. when I reached that, I decided to go a little lower because I was still not quite happy with the tummy and thighs. new goal is 120 and I'll reevaluate when I get there. now at 124 and a size 2/4, but I don't believe I'd want to drop any lower than 117.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    5.3 1/2" here. my initial goal weight is around 155 only because the lowest i can remember being in my adult life was 162 a few years ago.

ultimately, Id like to get down to 143 and evaluate from there :)
  • Terri6627
    Terri6627 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" on the dot and I'm aiming for around 118 - 120lbs. I remember being 125 before university and I still had some flub so I'd like that gone haha.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My initial goal was 145, then it became 130, then 125...I think you have to evaluate how you look, feel and if your daily calorie intake is sustainable at each step.
  • courtneymaybe
    Options
    I'm just about a tenth of an inch under 5'5", my goal is 120-125ish, but as I approach that, I'll decide further based on how I'm carrying the weight, how much is muscle, etc.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    My goal weight is 100-110. Then I might start gaining some by adding muscle weight but that's what it is for now.
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 - 5'4 depending on the day and doctor measuring me! :)

Everyone has their own weight and aesthetic goals - at my highest weight of 147 I was very unhappy.

I am at 128 lbs now and feeling much healthier, but I will continue to push until I hit 115 and then reassess how I look/feel. In my head I aim to be 110 but I want to be realistic. I would never compromise my health for a weight goal!

+1
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and in high school I weighed 125-127 and was fit as all heck. LOL, I look at pictures of me back then and wonder what all the body embarrassment was about?

Depending on your musculature and um...endowment, this same weight on you might be too high or too low. For me, I've always had muscular thighs (used to think they were fat - thanks society!) and always been smaller on top, so unless you are the same body type, it's apples and oranges (or pears :smile:).
  • The_Hungry_Atheist
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my goal weight is 135 lbs but I have huge boobs and a big head so I will probably be satisfied at 150 lbs. I have extremely muscular legs...I will just head for 135 lbs and not stress over it.