What's for Dinner?

Options
Dinner has to be my worst meal of the day. I eat very healthy at breakfast and very healthy at lunch.

Friends, what do you eat for dinner to stay on track?

Thank you for any help,
Danielle

Replies

• OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A chicken breast, seasoned in different ways on a bed of mixed lettuce with a tsp of dressing. Add other vegetables as required, drink lots of water.
  • Wolfhuntress2002
    Options
    Hardest meal of the day for me is lunch! Having to do gluten free diet per dr. instructions to see if it will improve my gi issues. Thus far it's working better than anything they've done so far over the past two years. If this works, no surgery hopefully! Any ideas on something easy for lunch each day at work.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Tonight we're having baked boneless/skinless chicken breasts lightly coated in panko and stuffed with cream cheese and pesto, and quinoa and steamed broccoli on the side. :)

I love cooking, and I have to say I spend a lot of time browsing the internet for great dinner recipes. Other favourites include salmon cakes, meatballs, lots of chicken breasts, and pizza made on tortillas. I usually make a main meat dish, with some carb (rice, potatoes, quinoa) and green veggie (broccoli, green beans, spinach, brussels sprouts) on the side. Most of my dinners come up around 500-600 calories.
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi

Dinner has always been my toughest meal as well because that is usually where the starches and the not so great foods come in but portion control has been the key for me. I have learn very slowly I might add that portion control is everything. I still eat the same things but now I try to do salads for dinner. Last night I had

Salmon baked no salt
    Kumato's (brown sweet tomato)
    Iceburg Lettuce
    Kale
    cucumbers
    Bolthouse Farms yogurt Parmesan dressing (don't know if I have the name correct)

I am going to have the same today.

Last week I had home made mac and cheese the kind you make around thanksgiving and a Gorton's fish fillet. I only had a small portion and surprisingly I was full usually I would have overdone it on a meal like this. As I practice portion control it does not take much for me to be full. I am just saying all of this to say that I have anything but we have to have portion control and moderation. You can do it but it does take time. And I forgive myself if I fall. Good Luck!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Something I have been making lately is chicken breasts in the crockpot. 4 hours on high. When done, I shred the chicken, add some shredded chicken to a low-calorie tortilla, and add some light sour cream, guacamole, sprinkling of low-fat shredded cheese, hot sauce, diced onions, tomatoes. Voila! Delicious shredded chicken taco. Just make sure you weigh everything to keep it within your calorie goal.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    We usually have some lean meat on the grill along with a side of carbs (potato, rice, etc) and a large serving of veggies. I like roasting or grilling my veggies. Sometimes we have tacos made with chicken or ground turkey or I will make a meatloaf or casserole. In the winter I do a lot of soups, stews or chili with homemade whole grain bread. I also use my crock pot a lot for things like roast beef with veggies. I tend to eat the same foods durning the day so dinner is where I get my variety from.

Tonight we are having pan seared halibut with roasted beans from the garden and a baked potato.
  • walthallbj
    walthallbj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My old reliable for dinner is to grill out Bison Steak, with grilled mushrooms, and then Basmatti White Rice. Great Range has a package of 2 6-oz Bison Sirloin Steaks, that can be found at Dillon's. The Basmatti Rice is very good and cooks quick and if you add lime juice, cilantro, and sea salt, it tastes a lot like Chipotle! I am full after i eat this and it makes me feel like I'm not watching what I eat.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I like Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals for inspiration (the recipes are calorie counted, most around the 500 mark)

Tonight it'll be squid balls (stop s******ing at the back!) in a Thai vegetable/ noodle bowl. I'm adding some chicken, cos I have it in the fridge.

Tomorrow night it's a Gok Wan recipe - scallop and anchovy souffle.
    Lats night was chicken fajutas.
    Friday is steak and chips.
    Saturday will be a rotisserie chciken with veg and potatoes.
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    Tonight I'm having:

a grilled chicken breast with

stir fry veggies with melted cheddar cheese

and a steamed potato with chive and mustard flavoured low fat cottage cheese.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    for tonight its "bbq eggplant" sammich on a whole wheat bun with a side of sauteed squash and onions.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Tonight is going to be home made beef stew.

Stew beef, browned on the stove then baked for 2 hours on low heat with a bit of water (makes a great broth), chopped onion, carrot, and celery, a small can of tomato sauce, 1TB brown rice, 1 chopped potato, and some frozen peas added at the end (I cook the the veggies for 30 minutes after adding more water, then add the rice, then 30 minutes later add potatoes). It's delicious, full of nutrients, and around 300 calories a bowl :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yesterday Greek turkey burgers with pita and tzatziki sauce with yellow squash casserole. The night before roasted chicken with yellow squash gratin (what can I say, we got a lot of those from our garden). Tonight Cajun cod with more of that casserole and probably some random frozen veggies. Diary is open for ideas (I went over or ate at maintenance last week a lot though).