ZUMBA!

Options
Zumba is the most amazingly fun exercise for those who love to dance! I never feel like I'm working out, and I burn at least 800 calories in an hour! Why isn't Zumba listed on the exercise option??!! I highly recommend giving zumba a good run for your money!:happy:

Replies

• rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My first class is 1/25. I can't wait.
  • Kamille84
    Options
    I agree! I can't help but smile when I Zumba.
  • littlemissgreedy
    littlemissgreedy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started a Zumba class last night and was sweating buckets - didn't even notice though because i was having so much fun! Can't wait til next weeks class now!
  • katrina1025
    katrina1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a ZUMBA lover too :)
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    Zumba is awsome!! I love it!
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    I did put it in the exercise module myself. It must not convert to other people's.
  • luvinlifesst
    Options
    I added Zumba to mine under Aerobics High endurance.....I love it and works GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • worthy16
    worthy16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't like it! :) My sister is a Zumba instructor, and it's the only exercise my other sister does! I would be doing it but none of the classes fit my schedule right now - we'll see for later though :)
  • efahey
    efahey Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    trying my second class tonight! my first class i jumped in half way through the class and was completely lost! i felt kinda silly... but im determined to get good at it!! wish me luck... :)

xo erin
  • gallegosmagaly
    Options
    My first class is tomorrow... cant wait!!! And to top it off its FREE!!!! So exited, i need to shake my tail feather.....
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    :heart: LOVE....LOVE...LOVE MY ZUMBA CLASSES!!!!:heart: I just started last week! I have only done 3 classes so far but, I am HOOKED!!! It is so much fun and boy do I get a workout!!! I looked like I dunked my head under a faucet. I love how I worked out muscles I didn't even know I had!!!!! LOL!!! :laugh: I log mine under high intensity aerobics. It is an AWESOME WORKOUT!!!!
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! It's the exercise class that got me hooked on cardio and got me going to gym classes :) I use an HRM to track my calories and added it to my exercises. My first class was in 2008 and it's the only class I never miss!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome... as am I! Hahahaha

<3 The zumba queen!
  • zumbaholic
    zumbaholic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i added zumba to the exercise list. Maybe it only added to my personal list of exercises, though I thought it was added for everyone's benefit. Anyhow, I've been doing zumba about 3x a week since March 2010. It is so much fun, you will not believe an hour has gone by by the time you're done! And if you give it your all, you will have burned 600 calories easy and you will walk away soaked in sweat. If you haven't tried it, you should look online, most gyms offer it, or just google it and you'll find someone or somewhere who offers zumba classes near you. My heart has certainly benefitted from all the zumba cardio I give it 3x a week, but I can't say I've actually lost weight from it. But that's because I fell into a bad habit of overeating because I thought that I could get away with it w/all the zumba I was doing. Not the case! Watch what you eat as well!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! Doing it three times a week and wishing MFP knew how to count the calories for me.
  • jdarcy9
    jdarcy9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! And It's so exciting to see so many Zumba lovers on here! Hurray! Also- if you are just beginning... they say it takes about 3 good classes to get the hang of the routines- so DON'T GIVE UP! You'll love it if you hang in there!! It does feel silly at first... trust me, I am not one to usually shake my booty- but I'm now Zumba-fied after going to classes for 7 months solid now. :)