Please help.. I'm freaking out?

Options
Okay, soo I really don't know why I am, but I am. Three weeks ago, I was 122.2 lbs at 5'6.5" now I am 126.5 lbs. I haven't been as active lately but I've been eating to lose/maintain all these three weeks without the exercise. I feel like I look like I weigh much more than I actually am. I'm scared I'm going to gain more weight. Please help, I can't stop thinking about it and I feel like I'm going to cry.

Replies

• caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lot of anxiety over a four pound gain, which, BTW, makes you still underweight. I would suggest seeking help so that you don't feel so anxious and can relax a little. No one needs to feel anxious to the point of tears about their weight.
  • Faenaria
    Faenaria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Considering you're still on the low end of normal weight for your height, I think you'll be ok. If you want to maintain, make sure you track your food, use a food scale to get the most precise calories, and get your exercise in. I really don't think you need to lose any weight.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Four pounds could easily just be water weight from a variety of factors (exercise, sodium, stress, hormones, TOM, etc). If you're certain that your calories are correct and that your logging is accurate, you may just need to drink plenty of fluids and wait it out.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    don't freak hun; you are about 20lbs lighter than my lightest weight and I was slim so you ain't fat - If you are eating the same but on reduced exercise then perhaps your body is enjoying keeping hold of those calories. Also depending on what you eat your water levels are effected. Speak to someone about how you view yourself please. :flowerforyou:
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You need to chill out and not worry so much about a miniscule amount of weight gain! You're not likely to be successful over the long run by freaking out over such a small gain. And where you're already a healthy weight, you really have no reason to worry, IMHO...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lot of anxiety over a four pound gain, which, BTW, makes you still underweight. I would suggest seeking help so that you don't feel so anxious and can relax a little. No one needs to feel anxious to the point of tears about their weight.

This.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hello Eating Disorder.

You need to seek professional counseling, not internet forums.

^^ This Find a doctor or counselor. You need some help.

As others have said, it is likely just water weight. I can go up and down 5 lbs in a day if its TOM or I have had too much salt.
  • ErisDyscordia
    ErisDyscordia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello Eating Disorder.

You need to seek professional counseling, not internet forums.

^^ This Find a doctor or counselor. You need some help.

As others have said, it is likely just water weight. I can go up and down 5 lbs in a day if its TOM or I have had too much salt.

As they have said, please talk to your doc about your goals and how you view yourself, You sound like you might be on the edge of disordered eating.

Salt and TOM can play a huge role in small weight gain. Just last night I ate Pho (tons of salt!), and this morning, I was nearly 3 pounds heavier than yesterday morning. Lots of stuff can make you retain water, and is why you can't freak out over small amounts of gains or loses.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you're for sure you're eating in a deficit, it's water weight and nothing to worry about. Don't freak out, it happens to everyone. You'd have to eat roughly 14,000 calories OVER what you burn each day to gain 4lbs of fat.

She's not underweight, just the lower end of the healthy range.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I hang out on another forum with a group of people from my culture background. I am so used to seeing post like "Help, I gained 10 oz today", or something "Yay, I lost another 4 oz today". So OP's concern sound more legit to me. LOL
  • junior8585
    Options
    This hasn't been said yet, but I'm bringing these up just in case.

I'm currently trying to gain weight while losing body fat at the same time. One of my biggest/most common mistake was not weighing myself as close to the same time every weigh-in. For example, I would weigh myself every Friday at 6 am prior to eating breakfast and after going to the bathroom. I found this gave me the most accurate read. Maybe you could try this.

Like others have said, Its very common to gain in 1lb of weight per week, which sounds like you've been doing. If you want to lose the weight (though I don't think you need to) just maintain a calorie deficit. Who knows...you might just have gained some muskles! :wink: Nothing wrong with being 5'6 122 OR 126 though. I know a lot of people who are.

Best of luck!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    it seems to me your SO doesnt respect you and you should dump them
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Probably water weight. Weigh yourself naked. I prefer in the morning after I pee, and before I consume anything.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Okay, soo I really don't know why I am, but I am. Three weeks ago, I was 122.2 lbs at 5'6.5" now I am 126.5 lbs. I haven't been as active lately but I've been eating to lose/maintain all these three weeks without the exercise. I feel like I look like I weigh much more than I actually am. I'm scared I'm going to gain more weight. Please help, I can't stop thinking about it and I feel like I'm going to cry.

HUGS.

Are you eating the same calorie amount you did while you were exercising? If you're not moving around as much, but eating the same then yes you'll gain weight.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Calm the eff down.
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Before I started my two week break I was 256lbs. After my two week break I was 261lbs. After 2 workouts, I dropped back to 256. The point of this story : If you were eating at maintenance and not exercising, the answer is water weight. It's nothing to worry about and once you start eating at your maintenance calories, it inevitable, the water weight is gunna be there.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I gained 6 lbs over the weekend. Have lost them in 2 days. Salt is usually the primary suspect. Salts and carbs did it to me.
  • nfigeley
    nfigeley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    this just makes me feel sick knowing you are this stressed over a few lbs.. I can weight 10 lbs different in a matter of 24 hours it could be water weight etc ... this is normal you freaking out over the lbs is not normal . my advice? throw away the scale and just go off measurements. you will end up unhealthy if the scale effects you this much ! best luck !
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Had a quart of Hot and Sour soup today. I know I'm going to pay for it from the sodium! Don't fret a few pounds of flux.